Windows 8 - Problems

• Thread starter Deleted member 28591
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Deleted member 28591

I'm not 100% sure if it is Windows 8 but I can't think of anything else that is wrong. On my old laptop I had a 2.3ghz processor and 3gb ram, 1gb dedicated to FTB. Also I'm not sure exactly what it was but my old graphics card was worse than my new one.
On my new laptop I have 2.5ghz and 8gb ram, 3gb dedicated to FTB. My new graphics card is Radeon HD 7670M. On my old laptop I got about 10fps around mid way through FTB, but on my new laptop, when I'd just finished mining, I get about 5fps. Is there any other problem it might be, or is there some fix for Windows 8. Any help would be useful. Thank You!

KofteistKofte

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's about switchable graphics. Because I have same GPU on my laptop and using Windows 8. Right click to your desktop and select something says Swithcable Graphics, than change java to High Performance. if you can't see Java, start and close MC, you must see it now.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I get great performance in 1.5. About 20-30 FPS.
On my new AE superflat world, I get about 40-50.
Probably because of the 1.5 performance upgrades.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to look up some of the java parameters and plug them into your launcher, and reduce the amount of ram you have. I've heard that having too much ram can cause problems, as minecraft has to reload all of the allocated ram sometimes.

Tweak with everything, and perhaps add optifine to the pack.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Windows 8
theres-your-problem.jpg

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
In contrast to what the bandwagon clowns claim, it's far more likely that Kofte has accurately described the issue and the solution.

Reactions: KofteistKofte
D

Deleted member 28591

Thank you all above, I have already seen improvements on fps. Again thanks everyone, now I can finally play FTB again.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
More like Windows Hate.[DOUBLEPOST=1368919039][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not 100% sure if it is Windows 8 but I can't think of anything else that is wrong. On my old laptop I had a 2.3ghz processor and 3gb ram, 1gb dedicated to FTB. Also I'm not sure exactly what it was but my old graphics card was worse than my new one.
On my new laptop I have 2.5ghz and 8gb ram, 3gb dedicated to FTB. My new graphics card is Radeon HD 7670M. On my old laptop I got about 10fps around mid way through FTB, but on my new laptop, when I'd just finished mining, I get about 5fps. Is there any other problem it might be, or is there some fix for Windows 8. Any help would be useful. Thank You!

2.3Ghz processor doesnt say much. A good 2.3Ghz process or far better than a bad 2.5Ghz processor. I doubt its that though. Make sure youre not useing the integrated graphics if any. If its not that, then your minecraft world may have changed? More machines = more client lag. You also may be set to a further view distance or in need of a GPU/Java update.