Why not make configuration changes so unhinged and unleashed can support old worlds?

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
I do an LP, And it's really starting to piss my guys off how we keep having to start over for one reason or another, So couldn't the configuration just get written up so we can use a world from ultimate in unhinged/leashed ?

I mean it's just block ID's, It seems feasible to ME anyways, Not sure if anyone else weighs in on this veiwpoint

P.S, What the hell is the difference between the two (Unleashed and unhinged) ? We arent sure

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Unleashed is like ultimate but without GregTech.

Unhinged is for the mentally unhinged like ultimate but focused more on GregTech's vision of difficulty and grind. As such, it's on hard mode and it's missing a few mods that make things easier.

Also, there have been some things going on with the Forge liquid dictionary between 1.4.7-1.6. It's possible to switch over, it's just said that it's impossible as to not make idiots think that they can convert their world easily. Look around on YouTube, there's a video on how to do it. It just equates to using worldedit to replace blocks and breaking your liquid storage.[DOUBLEPOST=1375153767][/DOUBLEPOST]
Copypasta your old config files into your server and client folders. Done.

I highly suggest you do this. You'll still need to replace your RP2 things with worldedit or MCEdit, though, and you'll need to unassemble your tanks before you convert from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, We havent gotten beyond a few TE machines, We're just worried about ores n' shit,

We're also unsure what mod pack to choose

Every single option seems like it would have drawbacks, The only reason we dont just restart the world is one of our guys is FIAD if we restart again, Heck if it werent for the fact all the mod introduced ore would go away, We'd just transfer the world and replace all the techy bits, I wish unleashed had gregtech, But i'm getting the feeling it isn't in because of the forced nerfin',

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Honestly, We havent gotten beyond a few TE machines, We're just worried about ores n' shit,

We're also unsure what mod pack to choose

Every single option seems like it would have drawbacks, The only reason we dont just restart the world is one of our guys is FIAD if we restart again, Heck if it werent for the fact all the mod introduced ore would go away, We'd just transfer the world and replace all the techy bits, I wish unleashed had gregtech, But i'm getting the feeling it isn't in because of the forced nerfin',
Well, other than the GT ores, there's a simple solution. Copy your config files from your current/old server. Paste them into the new server. Now import the world file. Done.You will lose everything that isn't included in Unleashed that was in Ultimate (GT being the big one) but other than that, you should be good to go.

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
Well, other than the GT ores, there's a simple solution. Copy your config files from your current/old server. Paste them into the new server. Now import the world file. Done.You will lose everything that isn't included in Unleashed that was in Ultimate (GT being the big one) but other than that, you should be good to go.

There will always be issues :c

Shame i cant convince the one guy to just deal with restarting once mroe :C