why is this mystcraft age unstable?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
Single Biome

Void

Full Length, Sun
Full Length, Moon

Red, Skycolor

No Weather

Normal Lighting

Normal Stars

Clear Modifiers

Tdb360

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you have to put a biome after/before the single biome page (ex: extreme hills single biome / single biome extreme hills)

Reactions: OmegaPython

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, not specifying any biome will definately create some instability. But the rest looks fine.

Does "No Weather" still not create instability?

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
You need to specify which kind of biome; think of the "single biome" as a noun and the kind as the adjective. Age creation is pretty dodgy to say the least unless you're some kind of expert :p

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I spent a long time experimenting with age creation. I would say I was an expert, which is why I created the guide. Even then, I still have to look at my guide to remember exactly what to put in my age.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so stickied into the Collected Guides thread? If it were up to me, I'd still have more pictures, and sample ages, and talk about the bugs that make age creation impossible *cough*.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I have not been able to go on a server and test that bug. I just heard about it from you, and apparently 10.1 fixes it.

Bloodfrost

Jul 29, 2019
i didnt think void was a biome... i thought it was a aspect u added to a world... so im pretty sure u still need a biome. Also u should have a standard terrain page i believe as well...altho void might replace that. either way, try it with a biome.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I'm fairly sure you need a biome, and I think also fog colour, cloud colour, and sunset colour. *edit* seems the colours are optional. That will save me some time and ink!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Void is a world generation modifier, not a biome. Void means you get no world generation(at least, no stone, ores, or dirt, and anything which needs some of these things to generate), but without a Biome for your Single Biome symbol to pair with, you actually ended up with no used biome controller due to the clear modifiers symbol if I understand correctly. This means you were lacking Vital Symbols(the biome controller), and it had to generate symbols you lacked(the biome controller, possibly biomes).