Why is the rock cutter not in the direwolf pack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
hrm then why is there an id for it in the ic2 config?[DOUBLEPOST=1357478041][/DOUBLEPOST]well that sucks. Are there conflicts if you copy over gregtech to the direwolf pack?[DOUBLEPOST=1357478107][/DOUBLEPOST]Or is there anything else with a silk touch effect besides the basic enchant?

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
Or is there anything else with a silk touch effect besides the basic enchant?

I'm pretty sure the Rock Cutter is the only Electric tool with Silk touch.

I don't know if it conflicts, I use the Mindcrack pack mainly because it already has GregTech.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Yup there are conflicts.[DOUBLEPOST=1357480072][/DOUBLEPOST]would love that ultimate pack lol

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
gregtech should move into the Direwolf pack pretty seamlessly, only Advanced solars as far as I've seen uses overlapping iDs and that's because it overlaps compact solars functionally. When you copy over gregtech did you make sure to copy over the mindcrack gregtech config file as well? You will want to peruse this file and alter configs, if you don't intentionally play gregtech, you will be pleasantly surprised by its changes to the recipes (/sarcasm), good or bad.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
gregtech should move into the Direwolf pack pretty seamlessly, only Advanced solars as far as I've seen uses overlapping iDs and that's because it overlaps compact solars functionally. When you copy over gregtech did you make sure to copy over the mindcrack gregtech config file as well? You will want to peruse this file and alter configs, if you don't intentionally play gregtech, you will be pleasantly surprised by its changes to the recipes (/sarcasm), good or bad.
No I let it generate the config on it's own, is that bad? It gave me a bunch of gregtech errors about nuclear stuff.

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, that's why it has conflicting IDs, the FTB Team meticulously customize all the IDs to eliminate conflicts between the mods. If you copy the Gregtech config file from the Mindcrack pack as well as the mod jar and use them both you'll find it should all mesh correctly. If you loaded your world though, you'll have to restore it from a back up (if you went in game it may have deleted items with a conflict in world).

Good Luck

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The Angular Saw from Factorization is a Silk Touch tool that draws power from Factorization batteries in your inventory. Much cheaper than the Rock Cutter, in fact. Awesome, no?

Reactions: Vovk

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
That saw only silk touches a few blocks. It is no general Silk Touch, just for a few hardcoded blocks.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Aw, really? I didn't think to test all the ores when I tried it. That's unfortunate. Still pretty cheap for what it does, though, and the only two things you'd really miss out on with it are Uranium and Iridium.

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
worth it for the diamonds at least. Hopefully the ultimate pack will be out by the time I need iridium.[DOUBLEPOST=1357503412][/DOUBLEPOST]It sucks cuz without gregtech, no rubies or saphires for energy/lapatron crystals.

ncreen_same

Jul 29, 2019
If you want gregtech stuff you could use the mindcrack pack and copy in the portal gun zip and config, and the mystcraft jar and config, should be pretty easy

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Copied over the configs from mindcrack and still getting this in the console when I try to load my save

2013-01-07 06:30:48 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] FML has detected item discrepancies
2013-01-07 06:30:48 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Missing items : {}
2013-01-07 06:30:48 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Mismatched items : {30101=(Item 30101, Type ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorUranium, owned by IC2, ordinal 2, name null, claimedModId null, Item 30101, Type gregtechmod.common.items.GT_RadioactiveCell_Item, owned by GregTech_Addon, ordinal 6, name null, claimedModId null), 30086=(Item 30086, Type ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorReflector, owned by IC2, ordinal 1, name null, claimedModId null, Item 30086, Type gregtechmod.common.items.GT_NeutronReflector_Item, owned by GregTech_Addon, ordinal 1, name null, claimedModId null), 30102=(Item 30102, Type ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorUranium, owned by IC2, ordinal 1, name null, claimedModId null, Item 30102, Type gregtechmod.common.items.GT_RadioactiveCell_Item, owned by GregTech_Addon, ordinal 7, name null, claimedModId null), 30087=(Item 30087, Type ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorReflector, owned by IC2, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, Item 30087, Type gregtechmod.common.items.GT_NeutronReflector_Item, owned by GregTech_Addon, ordinal 2, name null, claimedModId null), 30207=(Item 30207, Type ic2.core.item.reactor.ItemReactorUranium, owned by IC2, ordinal 0, name null, claimedModId null, Item 30207, Type gregtechmod.common.items.GT_RadioactiveCell_Item, owned by GregTech_Addon, ordinal 8, name null, claimedModId null)}

with a yes and no option on the bottom of the screen in the minecraft window with what looks like a message but it's obscured off screen.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Your map has an internal memory of the ID's used by blocks, because you copied the config over the default generated one it changed the IDs so they no longer match. I would back up the world and try clicking yes which should reassign the IDs on the map to the config settings.

Reactions: MFINN23

MFINN23

Jul 29, 2019
Your map has an internal memory of the ID's used by blocks, because you copied the config over the default generated one it changed the IDs so they no longer match. I would back up the world and try clicking yes which should reassign the IDs on the map to the config settings.
k