Why I cant start the game without internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlashxmE

Jul 29, 2019
Why when I try to start the game without internet its not working?
I wanted to play Single Player.
Like the normal minecraft.
If its not exists yet can u make it work?

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
You need an internet connection because the launcher needs to verify that your account is premium, and it is required to download all files from CreeperRepo.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
but with the normal minecraft its not like that.

To download Minecraft you will still need your user(Or email)/password to download it once. Then it does have the whole Offline mode.

The launcher does a lot more then Minecraft launcher. It doesn't give you mods/configs/texture packs etc.

Also what Ashz and Fred both said in true. ;)

Reactions: Ashzification

Earther

Jul 29, 2019
I think what he means is that sometimes he doesn't have access to the internet, he has it downloaded, but without internet you can't even launch the packs you have downloaded,

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
I think what he means is that sometimes he doesn't have access to the internet, he has it downloaded, but without internet you can't even launch the packs you have downloaded,
This is not true. If you have it downloaded and have logged in using the launcher at least once, you can thereafter play in offline mode. But you MUST log in using the launcher at least once to verify you have a premium account.

SlashxmE

Jul 29, 2019
This is not true. If you have it downloaded and have logged in using the launcher at least once, you can thereafter play in offline mode. But you MUST log in using the launcher at least once to verify you have a premium account.
Thats not true,
I did play alot of times in FTB servers with my account so I guess it is verified.
and when I didn't have internet,it didnt work for me.

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
I always update..
It should come up with the servers are down, when you try to login in then ask you if you want to play offline "YOU NEED TO TYPE IN A PASSWORD NO MATER WHAT" if you don't type in a password even in offline then your launcher will think that you are not a legit player and will not work, I'm guessing you did this but just being sure

Also if you don't get the servers are down Dialog then just go download the most resent version from the main site :p and try again

AngryPockets

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a similar problem. Is there any way to toggle offline mode without being prompted? My uverse is down, so I can't redownload the FTB launcher.

Just in case:
-I've already played through the launcher multiple times, so the legitimacy of my account is surely confirmed by now.
-I don't know if it matters, but I added 2 mods to the D20 modpack: Balkon's Weapon Mod and Twilight Forest.

The launcher just says "wait while mods are being loaded..." It doesn't seem to recognize that it's not connected, like it has before. How do I fix it?

Creeperologist

Jul 29, 2019
go to %appdata% delete the ftblauncher folder, get the new launcher exe, then run it where you had your old one

it tends to be weird like that sometimes, I had a similar issue with mine and that of my little brother and sister but this solved it

Status
Not open for further replies.