Why do I have to disconnect and reconnect power to Rock Crusher to get it to work?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I start up for the day, the first thing I have to do is go over to the Rock Crusher and disconnect the redstone energy conduit and replace it. Only then will the Rock Crusher start making its awful noises. LOL So why do I always have to do this each time? Is it a known bug or something?

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Can't speak to the rock crusher, but I have noticed that behavior with red stone energy conduits and rotarycraft dynamos, and I have noticed a far harder to diagnose problem where conduits just stop transferring power into or out of some block but appear to remain connected. All of this happens in chunks that should remain loaded.

Wish I had an answer

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Can't speak to the rock crusher, but I have noticed that behavior with red stone energy conduits and rotarycraft dynamos, and I have noticed a far harder to diagnose problem where conduits just stop transferring power into or out of some block but appear to remain connected. All of this happens in chunks that should remain loaded.

Wish I had an answer
From what I gather it happens when part of your REC network is loaded and other parts isnt. It doesnt have to have anything to do with that the machine in question is chunkloaded or not. Make absolutely sure your chunkloaders cover ALL of your base and that you don't have a few conduits sticking out somewhere.

I have been very systematic on how I set up my chunkloading and build within its boundary and I have never seen this behaviour.

4oursword

Jul 29, 2019
This happens to me with more than just the Rock Crusher. Even my ME controller sometimes does the same, as do some itemducts and fluiducts. None of the base is chunkloaded, so surely this shouldn't happen?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
This happens to me with more than just the Rock Crusher. Even my ME controller sometimes does the same, as do some itemducts and fluiducts. None of the base is chunkloaded, so surely this shouldn't happen?
When you're a certain distance away from your base only a part of it will be loaded which seems to cause problems. I even had problems on Agrarian Skies where I never left the base unless I logged out, probably because the chunks are loaded or unloaded sequentially.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah like the others say, you are yourself one big walking chunkloader. As you move through the world you load chunks in front of you and unload them again behind you. So just moving around the outskirts of your base, or leaving it and coming back will cause parts of your ducts(conduits, itemducts, fluiducts etc) to become loaded while the adjacent duct in the next door chunk will not be loaded. And this is what bugs it out.

Chunkload your entire base and you should not see this problem ever again.

Reactions: E_DM_B

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
My base is chunkloaded with a Chicken Chunks 243 (item code), I use 5x5 square and the only thing outside that area is my nether and twilight portals. And this is the only piece of equipment I have this problem with. I think it's Railcraft, isn't it? Which means it's the only equipment from that mod I use, so I figure that's prob the answer.

VileGit

Jul 29, 2019
Try connecting the whole front side with power conduits. It was the only thing that worked for me and my whole base was chunk loaded.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
If you have mekanism in the config there's am option saying force BC which defaults to false. Switch it to true. See if that helps.

AshmanTheGuy

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm not the only one having this problem, it seems. I'm using a custom Modpack I made myself, so I figured it was my own wrongdoing, but it looks like that isn't the case. My base was entirely chunk loaded. The Rock Crusher was showing no activity at all until I completely removed the conduit and replaced it.

All I can figure is that there must be a bug somewhere between Railcraft and TE3, but that's just a guess. I may be wrong.