"Why did you do that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_Holy_Land

Jul 29, 2019
So after updating this evening, everything was running fine until the server went down, generated a crash report and refused to come back up. It generated the following crash report and I can't seem to decipher the meaning behind it. I looked at some older reports and this problem has occurred a few times in the past but has left no permanent damage/fixed itself. Just curious if anyone has some insight into the issue here and maybe it can be a message to and future crafters that encounter this issue.

Here is the report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why did you do that?

Time: 11/19/12 11:05 PM
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at ic2.advancedmachines.common.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.operate(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:210)
at ic2.advancedmachines.common.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.g(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:96)
at xe.h(World.java:2020)
at ie.h(WorldServer.java:463)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:649)
at hg.r(DedicatedServer.java:241)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:585)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:492)
at fp.run(SourceFile:818)

Relevant Details:
- Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
- Operating System: Linux (amd64) version 2.6.32-41-generic
- Java Version: 1.7.0, Oracle Corporation
- Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
- Memory: 313280272 bytes (298 MB) / 512688128 bytes (488 MB) up to 512688128 bytes (488 MB)
- JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx512M -Xms512M
- AABB Pool Size: 3470 (194320 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 3154 (176624 bytes; 0 MB) used
- FML: ~ERROR~ NullPointerException: null
- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
- Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
- Vec3 Pool Size: 681 (38136 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 649 (36344 bytes; 0 MB) used
- Player Count: 0 / 12; []
- World world Entities: 0 total; []
- World world Players: 0 total; []
- World world Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
- Type: Dedicated Server

If any of you can help, it would be much appreciated and I will keep you updated if I find anything that fixes it.

Ben_Holy_Land

Jul 29, 2019
It isn't locally run, it's run through a company which hosts the server. I don't think that would be the issue.

Ben_Holy_Land

Jul 29, 2019
Ben_Holy_Land try to downgrade java 7 to java 6 if this don't work so update java after.
How would I do that if I am not the one running the server? Should I ask the host to downgrade the java and then upgrade it?[DOUBLEPOST=1353392302][/DOUBLEPOST]
Did somebody happen to try and macerate Monazit in a Rotary Macerator?
Yes, however he said "It works" and that it wasn't "near the crash".

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Few ways.
  • Upgrade Advanced Machines to 4.4c (found in linked thread). You'll have to have your users manually update their packs too, until FTB releases a pack that includes 4.4c with the fix.
  • Disable the block.
  • Disable the mod (clients can basically always connect to a server with fewer mods than the client, the problems happen when the server has more mods than the client and expects the client to have those mods loaded).
  • Tell people to not do things documented to crash the server (shift-click into Ender Storage, drop Monazit into Rotary Macerators, et al.)

Reactions: Ben_Holy_Land

Ben_Holy_Land

Jul 29, 2019
Few ways.
  • Upgrade Advanced Machines to 4.4c (found in linked thread). You'll have to have your users manually update their packs too, until FTB releases a pack that includes 4.4c with the fix.
  • Disable the block.
  • Disable the mod (clients can basically always connect to a server with fewer mods than the client, the problems happen when the server has more mods than the client and expects the client to have those mods loaded).
  • Tell people to not do things documented to crash the server (shift-click into Ender Storage, drop Monazit into Rotary Macerators, et al.)

Thank you so much for the information. I will look into doing that and I will let you know if that works.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Just keep in mind that, per that thread, outright disabling the mod may have conditions of its own. I stay away from Advanced Machines myself out of habit (I'm too used to them not having upgrade slots for transformers), so it's not something I have experience with myself.

Ben_Holy_Land

Jul 29, 2019
So, updating the mod itself did not fix the problem. I will try removing it and seeing if that solves the problem. I'll keep you all updated.

Ben_Holy_Land

Jul 29, 2019
Removing the Advanced machines mod mad the game playable. After that I reinstalled the advanced machines mod form the FTB server pack. This removed all the problem causing machinery and made the server playable. You will just have to spawn back in everyones advanced machinery but that fixes the problem. Thanks for everyone that helped and happy crafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.