While we wait for Christm... Ehh I mean FTB!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
First of, this is not a thread to hound for a quicker release of modpacks, take your time and make them AWESOME! So lets not get into release date speculation or requests.

So I am probably not the only one eagerly awaiting the new modpacks. Personally really looking forward to the new Monster pack. But I find myself in the position of not really knowing what to do in MC atm while waiting. So what are you guys doing to pass the time?

Personally I find myself wandering around tweaking and optimizing the same automated setups over and over again. Bred a few more bees(you never get quite done do you? :p). Added/finished a few more aesthetic details like a park with pavilions etc.

Having a hard time motivating myself to start any new grand projects, should the new pack come out tomorrow. Also don't want to waste good ideas on my old world if I plan on using it in the new.

The most interesting(if you can call it that) thing I have been doing recently is testing out stuff for builds I have planned for the new pack. Specifically I have been testing out turtle building programs since the build I have in mind is made up of a lot of very large circles. So my flat desert quarry world looks a bit weird now :p

Feeling a little pathetic not being able of thinking up something better to do. Any ideas on what to do in a well established world with just a week(or maybe days? o_O) before starting on a new?

Reactions: jokermatt999

Tyrindor

Jul 29, 2019
All i've been doing is going into creative mode with mods that became popular in 1.5/1.6, and other mods I've yet to use. Basically, plugging stuff down and getting a basic understanding of them. I haven't even played with TiC outside of Survival, my last serious world was in 1.4. There's a lot of new mods but I think i'm going to start the same way I did in 1.4, Thermal Expansion, however i'll likely use EnderIO cables right from the start. After messing with it, I don't think I could play without it. It fixes my #1 annoyance with minecraft, and that's how big/bulky/hard to hide cables and pipes are. I guess some people like that look though, but i'm a minimalist.

I followed DW20's Season 5 LP to the dot while learning most of the FTB mods. This will really be the first time I branch out on my own. I lack creativity, so I expect to run out of things to do quite quickly. Still going to be watching his Season 6 LP for ideas I can copy. That mining well rig he built in Season 5 was incredible... Did they ever nerf them? :p

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That mining well rig he built in Season 5 was incredible... Did they ever nerf them? :p
Redpower 2 was never updated to 1.5 so there are no Frames to support/move the rig. But who knows, maybe a frame alternative will be added to the 1.6 packs along the way(unless that RP2 replacement mod that is on Slows list got them already).

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower 2 was never updated to 1.5 so there are no Frames to support/move the rig. But who knows, maybe a frame alternative will be added to the 1.6 packs along the way(unless that RP2 replacement mod that is on Slows list got them already).

MFFS Calclavia's edition offers a frames alternative from RP2, and if I may say, it's awesome looking.

seeing as I often start a new world because of the most stupid reasons you can think of, playing on a world for 1 week is a looooooong time for me, so for me it'd be plenty of time to do things. but if you're looking for new things to do, try out modpacks that you'd normally never play. for example Magic Farm just got updated to 1.6, and it'll be a whole different kind of playing style then what a normal Unleashed/Direwolf20 pack player would have.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
seeing as I often start a new world because of the most stupid reasons you can think of, playing on a world for 1 week is a looooooong time for me, so for me it'd be plenty of time to do things. but if you're looking for new things to do, try out modpacks that you'd normally never play. for example Magic Farm just got updated to 1.6, and it'll be a whole different kind of playing style then what a normal Unleashed/Direwolf20 pack player would have.
Yeah I might do some creative testing in Horizon before starting on Monster, but I would like to see the final(or as close as it can get) list of mods in monster before that.

As for Magic Farm it looks cool, but I hate having to fight to survive. The 1-2 times I usually die in a normal survival world is enough to drive me mad :p
Also I don't really want to go through the entire early game phase in some modpack only to do it again when Monster is done. Rather not risk getting tired of it :)