Which farms/crops do you prefer?

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of interest what do you guys use to farm for power, if you do? MFR, Forestry, Golems etc. Which ones do you think are OP or balanced.

Just interested because next time I restart. World I would like to use a different setup to my current farm, an MFR farm with force trees (I'm using a plugin) Is forestry less OP. Should I update to 1.6 and use wood chop golems? Tell me what you think.

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Use whatever you want. If you don't like how it turns out, rip it out and pick something else.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer Forestry. I never liked the particular flavor MFR brought, not to mention that it's impossible to play in hard mode (even with Forestry set to easy, MFR still gives you ten times the output for a fraction fo the input).

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kind of agree. I think next time I restart my world I'll use forestry, although getting all that apatite will be a pain.

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
...although getting all that apatite will be a pain.
Fortune(II) pick with one vein gave me 12 stacks of the stuff. I have no problem finding the veins either. They're everywhere. Look for the nearest hill.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I like thaumcraft farms. :/
I use forestry tree farms, though.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Fortune(II) pick with one vein gave me 12 stacks of the stuff. I have no problem finding the veins either. They're everywhere. Look for the nearest hill.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I like thaumcraft farms. :/
I use forestry tree farms, though.

if you find it, you find lots of it, but apatite is like cactus, in one world they're everywhere, but in the other world...