Wherein Strikingwolf tries to get people to test something

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
Should be as simple as running the build.gradle and then putting it in mods... beyond that I have no idea because I don't know clojure, nor what you're attempting to do with scripting in other languages

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Since Clojure runs on the JVM it can access all Java classes and methods. So in theory the possibilities are great.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Since Clojure runs on the JVM it can access all Java classes and methods. So in theory the possibilities are great.
Exactly. Currently I just have setup an easy way to do events, but the possibilities are truly endless. Basically I am building a general way to script in all JVM languages MC things (given a reader and such) :3

@trajing is working on it with me. And ofc it is a PT project

If anyone would be willing to take a look at the general architecture and critique it and such I would be very thankful. Also, I need to figure out what namespaces I would need to refer to...

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Here is a built download BTW if anyone wants to try and figure out the namespaces. It will be pointing at the scripts directory for the .clj files. And yes I just hijacked this thread :p

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Dammit Striking I was going to wait a bit to announce it. :p
Clojure and JRuby are planned, Lua would be nice but is unnecessary.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Should be as simple as running the build.gradle and then putting it in mods... beyond that I have no idea because I don't know clojure, nor what you're attempting to do with scripting in other languages
The idea is for something that allows modpack makers to fine-tune some stuff in their pack without having to learn Java. The idea started with JRuby, but I included Clojure to appease @Strikingwolf. My reason for picking JRuby was so that they could use a powerful language that's fairly simple and has a decent learning curve. I mean, how hard is it to understand this?
Code:
puts "Hello, World!"

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The idea is for something that allows modpack makers to fine-tune some stuff in their pack without having to learn Java. The idea started with JRuby, but I included Clojure to appease @Strikingwolf. My reason for picking JRuby was so that they could use a powerful language that's fairly simple and has a decent learning curve. I mean, how hard is it to understand this?
Code:
puts "Hello, World!"
Or this!
(println "Hello, World!")

I think we intend this to be a set of scripting languages to use with Minecraft for modpack devs. Clojure would be for more advanced things (multithreading and such) where JRuby would be for the more simple