Where is this beast, and why is he hungry? ;)

Shawn Johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, and minecraft, and have been using the direwolf20 pack for a couple weeks. I figured I've logged enough time solo to start getting comfortable with the game, and am looking for a place to play/chat/meet some other people. Is my best bet to throw my name down onto one of the server forum lists? It seems like, if I'm going to make anything in the game, the best place to do it would be a whitelist server, or are the open servers usually not griefed too hard?

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
I havent met the beast and I honestly don't know why we should feed it...

As for servers, search on any server title you deem interesting, read the many posts to see if there are any dissatisfied players who are flailing about in there.
I would recommend whitelist servers, as they put more effort and a harsher posture to scare any nasty griefers.

Technic Forums has a nice way of "deluxing" servers, basically promoting and showing a server that is the best. I'm unsure if FTB has such section/feature/time and effort to seek and advertise the many servers about...

Welcome to FTB, we may never know who the "beast" is and why he must be fed...

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, and minecraft, and have been using the direwolf20 pack for a couple weeks. I figured I've logged enough time solo to start getting comfortable with the game, and am looking for a place to play/chat/meet some other people. Is my best bet to throw my name down onto one of the server forum lists? It seems like, if I'm going to make anything in the game, the best place to do it would be a whitelist server, or are the open servers usually not griefed too hard?

I think that grief can occur on open servers, but how often and how bad it is is often exaggerated.
My open server hasn't really had much legitimate grief, and we have a land claim system as well as grief rollback just in case.
Feel free to check out the server if you are interested in playing some modded Minecraft online. :)

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ist-custom-pack-mystcraft-rp2-and-more.13438/

Reactions: Shawn Johnstone

Shawn Johnstone

Jul 29, 2019
That's a lot of mods. Wow. I'm familiar with a lot of them on the list from the direwolf20 pack, but not all of them. I'll take a look at it, though, for sure.[DOUBLEPOST=1363727597][/DOUBLEPOST]Exedra: (It's TS3, correct?) Are there commonly people on at all times of the day, or is there a higher volume time?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
He's floating in the void, and he's hungry because ... er ... he hasn't eaten in a while.

And, for some reason, he likes eating EU and a ton of various items, many of which are made from absurd amounts of Red Matter.

Reactions: OmegaPython