What's your most fun moment in Minecraft?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Mine was when I first started, had just figured out how to get a quarry to 64 x 64 and had mined a RP volcano for the basalt, and had spent 2 weeks building my first real 'base', having finally figured out how to completely automate ore processing and keep up with the quarry.

My friend who runs our server says publicly 'i think i found a ghast spawner in the overworld'.

It turns out that there was a mod installed that we played (better dungeons?) that spawned mini nether fortresses in the overworld, once you found one in the Nether. It was a bug.

My base was on a plain, next to a jungle, the fortress was in the middle of the jungle, about 100 blocks from me. it had spawned in the ground, so the top of it just reached level 64. So walking by the jungle, you wouldnt see anything unless you stumbled right over the top of it. Id been quarrying next to it for a week at least, but hadnt gotten close enough to trigger the spawners, apparently.

Anyway, this was my FIRST ever experience with ghasts and blazes, I had never been to the nether yet. I remember standing on the second level of my base, looking at the jungle and seeing these things flying around... and the *sound*. I think Notch's best achievement is the spooky sounds in the game.

And even better... my friends had all built quantum armor but wouldnt take off their jetpacks, while I thought 'well what happens when you put the whole suit on?'. Jumping invulnerability batman! This suit rocks!

Next day I told them I had 10 ghast tears, they wouldnt believe me. :)

TLDR: first experience with ghasts was in the overworld, afraid they would come and fireball my base and Id lose all of the work I had done.

Anyone else care to share?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Mmmh.

Guess it was the FTB team challenge.
For people who dont remember/wernt here when it happened.

Slowpoke invited people to do a small "challenge" map, there was 6 people at a time and we had to do certain things. (only other person i remember doing it was WayOfTime)
It was on stream, tahg and slowpoke then judged your stuff :D direwolf even came when i was on ^^
From handling frames to a creative thing (i made a massive forestry setup and a connect 4 game)
After that slowpoke announced the FTB launcher and modpacks.

Reactions: Darth Sith

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, it has to be that first time I ever found diamonds. That pure elation, after spending nights alone ina shack, cowering form monsters, and now this.

THEN FUCKING LAVA RAPES YOU AND TAKES YOUR ITEMS.

Reactions: Darth Sith

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
first MC vanilla light bulb went off when on a PVP raid server in beta 1.3 and made a farm tower. Tested out mob farming, and back in those days, you could have mobs/mob drops for days.

second MC vanilla light bulb went off when I took out an entire 4x4 chunk size clan base to the ground all the way to bedrock with a vanilla canon 200 blocks away, all by my self.

third, was finally getting my head around BC, IC2, and RP2

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
The most fun I had was when I realized you could have a bucket of lava. And made friends mad. Totally not because of the lava ;)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Everything leading up to my current knowledge of minecraft and all the mods I've played. That moment right before the moment; it's the best one.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Loading up Magic Farm and fighting an epic battle with a zombie with invisibility, slowness, ninja skills (grabbing your gear) and ranged ghast blast fireballs. I've never died so much in my life before, my wife and I died about 14-15 times each taking the bugger out. That's what modded MC SHOULD be about, challenges :D

I learnt from it, right now on the Unleashed server I joined I can't remember dieing at all yet... everything seems so easy.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
First time playing Minecraft. I have seen converted Broville map in Ace of Spades and wanted to check out original... And then after some time I realised that no, map does not wrap around, but goes nearly forever.

And then when I first started playing SMP.

xXShadowOo

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why but the moment I had the most* fun in is when I made a 100x10x100 TNT cube and exploded it.....

EDIT: typo fix

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
We took TNT and made stacks of facades. Then we replaced everyone of our friends walls with them, laid redstone wiring and pressure plates. Man you should have heard him in TS, ahh priceless.

Reactions: DZCreeper

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Mine was actually on a vanilla (hiss) server playing a minigame called Dwarves vs Zombies. It wasn't actually that mini, considering the size of the map, and how long it took for each round to end, but it was fun all the same. :) I have yet to encounter a modded Dwarves vs Zombies game.

Reactions: Pokefenn

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
The last day I got to play EE2 in an updated modpack...

Then to appease the girlie men, Pahimar broke it and now abandoned EE3...

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Finding those first few diamonds is always fun in a new world. As someone who gave away many a double chedt of redstone in vanilla, finding my first few stacks of redstone now is nice as well. Also finding an area that screams "build here!" is fairly enjoyable for me.

Darth Sith

Jul 29, 2019
My funniest Minecraft moment would have to be when I fell down a hole in a pyramid and hit a pressure plate, under it was loads of TNT.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Most fun moment? The first time I put on the Advanced Electric Jetpack. The difference from the basic one is huge. Just suddenly rocketing up instead of the slow climb. Love that boost.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Most fun moment? The first time I put on the Advanced Electric Jetpack. The difference from the basic one is huge. Just suddenly rocketing up instead of the slow climb. Love that boost.
LOL, they both work the same way with hover modes. The first time you put the adv jetpack on, you shot straight up because you hadn't changed modes. You could have flown the same with the regular jetpack, just not as far^_^ :D

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Oh, yeah, non-hover jetpacking is indeed most fun thing in IC2. Got bored mining? Fire laser straight up, jetpack ICBM-style, in two sexonds you are on surface. I even switched to vertical base layout, because moving up and down with jetpack (and good ol gravity) is way faster and funner than running.