What's your favorite season of dw20

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

What's your favorite DW20 season?

• Season 1

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Season 2

• Season 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Season 4

• Season 5

• Season 6

• Season 7

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Forgecraft 1

• Forgecraft 2

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • 3rd Party Packs with Pahimar

• Other Games

• CC Spotlights

• Mod Spotlights

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • DireNews

• Total voters

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

I prefer keeping up with new developments such as Buildcraft 7 and RFTools, being added in a couple of days according to DW himself.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
None of the above, I prefer watching his Forgecraft let's plays (and in those I have no preference between seasons). Just Dire is far too boring for me.
Dire + Soaryn, all the way. A lot of why we watch Let's Plays isn't so much for the actual gameplay as for the chemistry between the people who are doing the playing - take the Yogscast, for example. In their original Tekkit series, they had 3 main members - Lewis, Duncan, and Simon. Simon was the goof - running around talking to animals and hallucinating various images of pigs. I think he did some work...? There's also Lewis, the leader of the group, who is knew enough about the mods to get the group going, and acted as sort of manager and kept the whole project moving. Finally, there was Duncan, who was perhaps the person with the most knowledge of mods in general. He built the more advanced machines, and showed the other two the coolest toys. These people were all amusing, but as a group they came off extremely entertaining. Similarly, Dire and Soaryn work together, with Dire's extensive knowledge combining with Soaryn's sarcasm and enthusiasm to make a great team. It's simple science, people. ;)

... Please, please, please don't reply to this with your opinion on the current Yogscast. I have strong feelings myself, but that debate has been hashed out in the fiery pits of Youtube comments enough already. :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Some of his spotlights perhaps. But cant stand LPs. I much rather play the game myself or get the information I need in a much more concentrated fashion(spotlights, wikis, reddit, forum, etc).

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Some of his spotlights perhaps. But cant stand LPs. I much rather play the game myself or get the information I need in a much more concentrated fashion(spotlights, wikis, reddit, forum, etc).
will add other things to poll

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Dire + Soaryn, all the way. A lot of why we watch Let's Plays isn't so much for the actual gameplay as for the chemistry between the people who are doing the playing - take the Yogscast, for example. In their original Tekkit series, they had 3 main members - Lewis, Duncan, and Simon. Simon was the goof - running around talking to animals and hallucinating various images of pigs. I think he did some work...? There's also Lewis, the leader of the group, who is knew enough about the mods to get the group going, and acted as sort of manager and kept the whole project moving. Finally, there was Duncan, who was perhaps the person with the most knowledge of mods in general. He built the more advanced machines, and showed the other two the coolest toys. These people were all amusing, but as a group they came off extremely entertaining. Similarly, Dire and Soaryn work together, with Dire's extensive knowledge combining with Soaryn's sarcasm and enthusiasm to make a great team. It's simple science, people. ;)

... Please, please, please don't reply to this with your opinion on the current Yogscast. I have strong feelings myself, but that debate has been hashed out in the fiery pits of Youtube comments enough already. :p

I too like the FC twitches Soaryn hosts... They reveal a more "fun" side to the YTs Dire releases, and with all of the devs that hang out there you can always pick up interesting information if you pay attention.

As a side note, I noticed something the other day about the dynamic between DW and Soaryn and would like to see if anyone else picks up on it...

I was lucky enough in the 90's to have a show from Canada aired on my local PBS station and would like anyone who has seen it give their opinions. The show can be viewed on YouTube for the uninitiated. The show is titled "The Red Green Show".

Do Direwolf and Soaryn remind anyone else of Red and Harold? :D

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I too like the FC twitches Soaryn hosts... They reveal a more "fun" side to the YTs Dire releases, and with all of the devs that hang out there you can always pick up interesting information if you pay attention.

As a side note, I noticed something the other day about the dynamic between DW and Soaryn and would like to see if anyone else picks up on it...

I was lucky enough in the 90's to have a show from Canada aired on my local PBS station and would like anyone who has seen it give their opinions. The show can be viewed on YouTube for the uninitiated. The show is titled "The Red Green Show".

Do Direwolf and Soaryn remind anyone else of Red and Harold? :D
I watched some episodes of that show... I gotta watch it again. All I remember is some intra-household vacuum mail system, and the punchline of the whole thing being "it really sucks." Oh, and that there was duct tape.
Yeah, I think there's going to be some weird parallels...

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
I watched some episodes of that show... I gotta watch it again. All I remember is some intra-household vacuum mail system, and the punchline of the whole thing being "it really sucks." Oh, and that there was duct tape.
Yeah, I think there's going to be some weird parallels...

Not to mention some of those gadgets concocted out of junker K-cars... Kind of reminds me of "direwire" automation :D

Reactions: Type1Ninja

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
None of the above, he has the odd video which is useful (such as mod spotlights for popular mods that I have never used). But as a whole, he is just another YouTuber... and a very dull one at that, at least to me.

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
None of the above, he has the odd video which is useful (such as mod spotlights for popular mods that I have never used). But as a whole, he is just another YouTuber... and a very dull one at that, at least to me.
he does need some more personality.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
he does need some more personality.
Soaryn is his personality. Watching singular people play is never as fun as watching a group; even two people create an interesting dynamic that you just don't get with a single person. :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Watching singular people play is never as fun as watching a group; even two people create an interesting dynamic that you just don't get with a single person. :)
Yes and no.
For example I like to watch Avaak (or Aavak or wherever that extra "a" is supposed to go) for non minecraft stuff, and I have yet to find a video in which I liked it that he was not alone. I don't mind it if he streams and reads the chat exactly the opposite but as soon as someone else is in the video talking some of the fun for me is lost.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes and no.
For example I like to watch Avaak (or Aavak or wherever that extra "a" is supposed to go) for non minecraft stuff, and I have yet to find a video in which I liked it that he was not alone. I don't mind it if he streams and reads the chat exactly the opposite but as soon as someone else is in the video talking some of the fun for me is lost.
Huh. But is that for all youtubers or just him? I suppose that, like all ideas, mine has exceptions. :p

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Soaryn is his personality. Watching singular people play is never as fun as watching a group; even two people create an interesting dynamic that you just don't get with a single person. :)
I beg to differ. I find when you watch a group of people, especially if you only know one of them, you lose track of who's talking.

Take PurpleMentat. He's really good on his own, throw him with other people, and he takes back-stage, and it's not really HIS video anymore.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Huh. But is that for all youtubers or just him? I suppose that, like all ideas, mine has exceptions. :p
It was indeed just an example, it really depends on the group for me and it might be that the same counts for avaak(or aavak or whatever) but that I haven't discovered the group yet. Which is possible as he hasn't put up that much with other people since I started watching him

Reactions: Type1Ninja