What's up with ars magica?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zivel

Jul 29, 2019
Magicworld maybe... but the world gen in that mod is pretty horrendous when run alongside other mods.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I believe its horribly broken at the moment, But I would guess they will add it to magicworld, I do hope it gets added to direwolf20, but only when it works better

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, i must be lucky because i have it running with 208 other mods pretty reliabiliy....(now hoping i don't jinks myself)

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, i must be lucky because i have it running with 208 other mods pretty reliabiliy....(now hoping i don't jinks myself)

Last time I used it (it was at least one update ago) Dryads kept spawning everywhere, every time I went in my house there were at least 5 on each floor (Did I mention I had 15 floors) and the generated structures spawned really weirdly

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I tested it again (in the magic pack) and it seems that the spawning has almost been reversed, the only ars magica mob I have found are the mana creepers. The generated structures seem to still be there but much more rare, and I dont see the mage villagers, its still a little bit weird, I found a couple "invalid items" in chests

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I gotta go look at Dire's spotlight again.. All I can remember is the funky teleport doors :p and the wierd power flow that looks like a magic version of XyLasers

Reactions: CrazyCoco

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Once Ars Magica gets included in Magic World, I'll start using the launcher instead of my custom MultiMC version. But AM is under heavy development, last time I checked Mithion was still messing with world gen and other crucial sections of the mod, isn't "stable" enough to be included. But it's an awesome mod, this and Thaumcraft might actually make me like redstone contraptions :p

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
We've added it to our Ultimate based mod pack on our server and really are enjoying it. Don't seem to be having any problems with mob spawning. With AM and dungeon pack, we have some cool structures all over the place.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Awhile back, I added it to the Magic pack and came to the quick conclusion that even the much restricted mods in that pack effectively trivialize the intended challenges of Ars Magica. At which point, it just becomes another mod doing the same stuff.

Also, the essence system is very EE2 like and will be used in the same manner.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Awhile back, I added it to the Magic pack and came to the quick conclusion that even the much restricted mods in that pack effectively trivialize the intended challenges of Ars Magica. At which point, it just becomes another mod doing the same stuff.

Also, the essence system is very EE2 like and will be used in the same manner.
Can you explain what you mean, both for trivialization and essence system. I haven't played much with Ars Magica and I've barely scratched the surface of the mod. I guess you think it's supposed to be played on its own?