What's the best power for MFR

YuvonDovah

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best power creator for a harvester in Mine Factory Reloaded? Right now I have 4 basic solar panels and it's just not cutting it. I'm quite early game and would like it to always be full power or at least never hit rock bottom.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
it depends on what you have access to. check out the dynamos in TE, they're pretty decent for a first power source.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
If you're not harvesting trees, Engineer's Toolbox with a Solar Panel on top will keep it running along. It won't fill the power bar, but it'll do your crops just fine.

If you're harvesting trees, it'll still do well, but you'll want to build a pillar of glass taller than the largest trees you're harvesting, so it'll maintain a clear line of sight.

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
If you're harvesting trees you can burn them into charcoal for massive net energy gain and just about anything that burns charcoal (ic2 generators, TE steam dynamos, BC stirling engines, RC solid fuel boiler) will do.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Grab a photovoltaic cell (or a few) from Ender IO (1 MJ/t) and hook it up to the harvester. Should be able to handle the power demand.

Also, are you storing the energy at all? I had a harvester running off of a single basic solar panel hooked to some sort of power storage and never had any issues.