What's new in modded minecraft today?

Discussion in 'Modded Minecraft News' started by Yusunoha, Jan 24, 2014.

1. SevenMass

SevenMass Well-Known Member

Having a single place where a lot of short and to the point updates are posted on mods is very convenient. I have checked this thread once every day, for years now.

The work is (quietly) appreciated! :)

I hope someone will pick up the slack. If not, then this will be the end of an era.

Mixothelys, Yusunoha and zBob like this.
  2. Scott DTA

Scott DTA New Member

Thank you yusu for all the work you have put into this. I don't have the time I used to, to play let alone work on any mods, but this thread I read daily to keep up on the modding scene.

Good luck to you in your next great adventure.

GamerwithnoGame and Yusunoha like this.
  3. Inaeo

Inaeo New Member

You've done a wonderful thing here, and it has introduced me to a number of mods I otherwise would have overlooked. Thank you for your time and service.

4. McJty

McJty Over-Achiever Mod Developer

Ommina, fedprod, Lethosos and 5 others like this.
  5. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

I keep forgetting to post this here, but I've had this as a pinned tab most of the week. Its the CurseForge mod library sorted via last update.
    Sadly I do not have time to do this every day, but hopefully we can all chip together in and keep the tradition alive :)

So without further ado; here's the latest 5

Forge Your World, by piro1000 et al
    Introduction to Forge Your World

Forge your world is a mod that aims to be self-sufficient.

But the problem is that a mod of this size, is taking time to develop, especially in lonely.

You can find several categories in this mod, food, tools and armor, resources, decoration, and lots of other things in the future.

this mod is made in france

Pam's Harvestcraft by MatrexsVigil

AS OF 1.12.2b RE-BALANCING UPDATE ALL FOOD RESTORE NUMBERS HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ THE CHANGELOG FOR MORE DETAILS.

Official Up to Date (as of 1.12.2b Re-Balancing Update) HarvestCraft Recipe Sheet

Pam's HarvestCraft is an ever growing mod for Minecraft that currently adds (as of MC version 1.12.2):

60 new crops (including cotton for string)
    6 garden bushes to find and harvest for crops (pick up bushes or let them spread like mushrooms)
    36 fruit or item bearing trees
    19 new fish (catch with normal fishing rod)
    Simple Beekeeping (including candle blocks, wax/honey blocks, hardened leather armor, wax as fuel)
    1400+ new items and foods

Re-balanced Vanilla foods
    Placeable cake blocks of all new cakes
    Presser block that allows you to produce resources (such as honey, bubbly water, baits, paper, and much more)
    Well block that gives infinite water sources a better look
    Market block that allows you to buy seeds, saplings, farm animal spawn eggs, and bonemeal for emeralds
    Shipping block that allows you to sell crops, fish, meats, and beekeeping items for emeralds
    Ground Trap and Water Trap blocks that allows you to use bait to 'catch' resources when placed in the ground/water
    Use crop items to plant instead of seeds (like vanilla potatoes/carrots)
    Turn buckets of water and milk into fresh versions for easy recipe use
    Use tofu meat replacement items for vegetarian/vegan recipes
    Right-click options for harvesting/auto-replanting (including vanilla MC crops)
    Lang file support
    Better overall mod support for auto-harvesting/etc
    Everything is in the Ore Dictionary for other modders to use my items easily
    Config file has options for everything!

Factory Tech, by ProfessorLucrio
    Factory Tech is a new tech mod, centred around designing intricate automation setups. It adds some of the same machines as other tech mods, but it differs from them in that no machine in Factory Tech requires power. Instead, each machine has a list of parts that it needs to run, which gradually wear out and need replacing. It aims to be as close to a true tech mod as possible, in terms of making the challenge stem from creative engineering instead of resource acquisition.

JAM- Just A Magnet, by aokMikey
    JaM - Just a Magnet Mod is a dead simple minecraft mod. it's only features are as follows

• Toggle on and off
    • Configurable Range and Speed
    • Light weight and simple to use
    How to use
    Install the mod, open up a world, edit your settings to change the default key for Numpad 3 (optional), Press toggle button and enjoy

Mr. Crayfish's Vehicle Mod, by Mr_Crayfish
    About: This mod adds in working vehicles into Minecraft. So far this mod contains an ATV which you can ride around. It features real working steering, spinning wheels and sounds!

zBob, Ommina and Nuclear_Creeper0 like this.
  6. Celestialphoenix

Celestialphoenix Too Much Free Time

Valkyrien Warfare recently popped an alpha for 1.12

If you've never heard of this mod before, or aren't quite sure about it; this .GIF shows off the physics engine. That little house flying away at the end always puts a smile on my face.

Valkyrien Warfare is an airships mod that aims to succeed where all other mods have failed. Unlike mods before this, Valkyrien Warfare incorporates world regions, GJK ray-trace collision, and a custom (in house) Physics Engine designed to make your airship experience as realistic, and enjoyable as possible.

It supports players walking on ships, rotation on all 3 axes, perfect block interaction (semi-perfect with other mods), SMP support, Multi-Threaded collision physics, and really whatever you can think of.

Its a labor of love, coming directly from all fans of airship combat in Minecraft, we hope you enjoy it.

Also
    New Beta for Forestry

New Release for Lyncanite's Mobs

New Release for No Recipe Book

And a little over 60 other mod updates in the last day.

zBob and xbony2 like this.
  7. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

8. fedprod

fedprod New Member

I like the changelog xP
    And no @WayofTime, we won't screw off THAT easily xP

9. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen New Member

Bed Patch 2.0 released:
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/bed-patch

This is a small mod that fixes the long standing, very annoying bug that causes players to get stuck in beds after teleporting or changing dimensions. With this mod in place, beds should work properly!

Changelog:
    - Changed the patch used. The new patch should have far less likelihood of having any conflict with a mod or unexpected side effects.

Morden.

ICountFrom0 likes this.
  10. ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Too Much Free Time

Apparently, Optifine's website may have been compromised

I don't know at this time if it is the site itself trying to push stuff through your browser, the downloaded .jar files, or the damn ad hoops you are required to jump through to get to the download, but it's apparently been going on for a couple of days now.

Just to be safe, I'd advise avoiding Optifine like the plague for the moment, until this can get sorted out. I could just see some group swapping out the latest Optifine download with one loaded with a keylogger or something if they managed to seize the site. Be a better job of poisoning accounts than trying to push it through HTML5, at least.

Lethosos likes this.
  11. ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Too Much Free Time

Update: It was Ad.fly that was injecting malware into downloads. They authors of Optifine have dumped it in favor of alternative monetization options. Should be safe now.

12. Shinoow

Shinoow New Member

AbyssalCraft (1.10.2) (1.11.2) (1.12.2) has been updated to 1.9.4.4:
    • Fixed some redundancy in the FireMessage packet that's sent when hitting any of the mods fire blocks
    • Ritual ground creation is now less sensitive about surrounding blocks (as long as they aren't full cubes)
    • Spell recipes can now be displayed in the Necronomicon
    • The tooltip of Energy Relays now display the range of the block
    • Item information can now be locked, resulting in the tooltip font being replaced by the Aklo Font
    • Added a command to automatically unlock all Necronomicon knowledge
    • Leaving Omothol portals now return you to the Dreadlands, not the Abyssal Wasteland
    • Randomized the texture rotation of the Fused Abyssal Sand
    • Made the outlines of the Abyssal Stone Brick, Abyssalnite Stone Brick and Dreadstone Brick more consistent
    • Created a new texture for Dreadstone
    • Shift-clicking output slots now works in the Materializer (giving you up to a stack of the output per click)
    • Now runs on Forge 14.23.2.2611 (1.12.2 only)

13. Odovbold

Odovbold New Member

I really enjoy Blood Magic release notes, even I haven't seriously start playing 1.12.2 pack yet.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/blood-magic/files/2531959

14. Arcaratus

Arcaratus New Member

Virtual Machines 1.0.0.2, added in the Virtual Dark Room and the Virtual Animal Farm!
    https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/virtual-machines
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Version 1.0.0.2
    ------------------------------------------------------

- Yay a changelog!
    - Added in the Virtual Dark Room
    - Added in the Virtual Animal Farm
    - Added in the Experience Augment
    - Added in the Nether Simulator Augment
    - Added in the Rancher Augment
    - Added in the Perma-Morb Augment
    - Fixed so many bugs LUL

ICountFrom0 and Closet Gamer like this.
  15. Mordenkainen

Mordenkainen New Member

ICountFrom0 and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  16. Shinoow

Shinoow New Member

AbyssalCraft (1.10.2) (1.11.2) (1.12.2) has been updated to 1.9.4.5:
    • Applying a redstone signal to an Energy Relay pauses it
    • The Overworld biomes are always registered now, just not added to the list of biomes to generate if set not to
    • Statues can now transfer PE to dropped items (provided they can accept PE)
    • Redrafted a bunch of text inside the Necronomicon (removing redundant/incorrect information and adding new information)
    • Replaced all mob pictures in the Necronomicon with ones that look more like something drawn in the book
    • Fixed an infinite loop in the mining spell when mining upwards
    • Added a small section that explains how to obtain knowledge, unlocking information in the Necronomicon and unmasks Items and Blocks
    • Reduced the duration of fire applied to attackers when attacking someone wearing Dreaded Abyssalnite gear
    • The Coralium Plague and Dread Plague now act more like actual plagues (they spread a lot easier, can't be cured with milk)
    • Abyssalnite Golems now turn into Dreaded Abyssalnite Golems if killed by the Dread Plague
    • Portals now have a small chance of spawning a mob from their dimension
    • Shadow mobs now change their transparency based on light level (bright = visible, dark = not so visible)
    • The Dreadlands can leak out of it's portals, so keep a lookout in case too much gets out
    • Added Antidotes for the Coralium and Dread Plague (used to cure them instead of milk, which no longer cures them)
    • Increased the amount of Coralium Ore that generates in the Overworld (also made it configurable)
    • Knowledge unlock syncing is now done on a per unlock basis, rather than when opening the Necronomicon or changing dimensions
    • Asorah and Spectral Dragons now have the undead creature attribute

17. retep998

retep998 NoLifeBunny Wiki Staff

I haven't done any GregTech updates in a while so here is GregTech 6.07.07!

[​IMG]
    https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/downloads/gregtech_1.7.10/index.html

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  18. Shinoow

Shinoow New Member

The Beneath (1.10.2) (1.11.2) (1.12.2) has been updated to 1.4.0:
    • Restricted the Y-level you have to be in relation to the teleporter block (in order to ensure players always spawn on the platform)
    • The spawn platform inside The Beneath is now made out of Cobblestone instead of regular Stone
    • Added stalactites and stalagmites that generates throughout the dimension (both configurable)
    • Added an empty loot table to the Shadows

19. Shinoow

Shinoow New Member

AbyssalCraft (1.10.2) (1.11.2) (1.12.2) has been updated to 1.9.4.6:
    • Shadow mobs are now immune to fire, and capable of swimming
    • Changed the texture for Liquid Antimatter (darker spots within the liquid, making it a bit less milk-like)
    • Added a config option that turns antimatter explosions nuclear (off by default)
    • Dread-plagued mobs now automatically leave a lingering cloud of Dread Plague on death
    • Added a new config category for misc out of place settings
    • The amount of animals a Lesser Shoggoth has to eat in order to multiply/grow up now depends on the size of the animals it eats (1 adult cow = 3 adult chickens)
    • The advancement trigger for summoning entities now fires for nearby players when completing a Summoning Ritual (1.12.2 only)

Ommina, Lethosos and GamerwithnoGame like this.
  20. retep998

retep998 NoLifeBunny Wiki Staff

GregTech 6.07.08 is here with more battery related changes!

[​IMG]
    https://gregtech.overminddl1.com/downloads/gregtech_1.7.10/index.html

Moridin likes this.