What's happened to the Nether?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just updated Unleashed, and the Nether has changed. All the overworld mobs are spawning there - skeletons, zombies, spiders, endermen (although I like the enderchildren!). There's a lot more dirt than there used to be. I think this sucks, I prefer the Nether to be more distinctive. Also it's made a mess of some of the existing landscape, there are floating mushrooms where there used to be some terrain that's vanished.

*Edit* Also, nether ores take nearly forever to break and don't drop anything.
*Edit* Ok, I guess I better re-enable Nether Ores before I try anything... good job I backed up my world... odd that I didn't get a block ID warning (apart from the MFFS ones).

Artheos

Jul 29, 2019
I am guessing the nether ores you speak of are actually the TC ores. The ore with the deep blue is Cobalt. You need a steel or allumite (I think that is it) tool to harvest them. The majority of the changes you see are from Natura. I have mixed emotions about the new nether, however I find it a lot more challenging than it used to be.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
The spiders etc you are seeing are not normal. Let them hit you and find out how :p

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes of Plenty added your four new Nether biomes :
Boneyard
CorruptedSands
PhantasmagoricInferno
Undergarden
I like the variety, though it did take a little getting used to ^_^.

Reactions: draeath

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The spiders etc you are seeing are not normal. Let them hit you and find out how :p
I re-enabled all the mods that are disabled by default, and now I'm seeing the big fiery spiders instead of the normal overworld ones. They definitely were regular spiders.[DOUBLEPOST=1375987885][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am guessing the nether ores you speak of are actually the TC ores. The ore with the deep blue is Cobalt. You need a steel or allumite (I think that is it) tool to harvest them.
So is it possible to equip a turtle with a tool to mine them? Or any other method than manual? I don't have a smeltery yet as I haven't found any clay. I guess I could make clay by one means or another.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I think all the dirt and stuff is from Biomes o' plenty biomes. I'm not sure, but I remember reading somewhere about a bug where all the BoP nether biomes were replaced by BoP overworld biomes, so this could be that. It would certainly make sense if overworld mobs were spawning there.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Biomes of Plenty added your four new Nether biomes :
Boneyard
CorruptedSands
PhantasmagoricInferno
Undergarden
I like the variety, though it did take a little getting used to ^_^.

Kinda wish the hell trees looked a little less like oak, but I think he ran out of color schemes given the natura trees.

These biomes can also be disabled anyway you like, though I don't think tainted soil comes with an option yet.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

ewsmith

Jul 29, 2019
It gives the nether more anything than it used to. The nether is and was bland as hell.
Thus the 'hell' biome. :p

I'm rather annoyed by the biomes, though. Boneyard is the only one I have enabled. Corrupt Sands and Phantasmagoric Inferno are too generic and Undergarden is too unNether-ish (I swear that's a word). I think nether biomes should have nothing in common with the overworld.

EDIT: Is there any way to disable these rather creepy emoticons? They're driving me insane.