What we need for modded minecraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
So if anyone else here hangs out on the minecraft forum occasionally, you'll have seen this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/877-more-in-17-resource-pack-selection/
To summarize, it basically allows you to download resource packs directly from the minecraft launcher
I looked at this and I thought "Why not try something like this with mods?" You just select it from a list and it downloads it straight to your minecraft mods directory. It could even come with an activate or a test button so that you could see if your game crashses or not. In my opinion this could work really well with both the profile system and the auto download resource packs server system, but with mods!

Inb4adfly...If somebodies willing to put their modpack in something like the FTB launcher, they should be willing to put the same mod in the vanilla launcher. Having your mod on the vanilla launcher would also probably guarantee lots of downloads.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
To summarize, it basically allows you to download resource packs directly from the minecraft launcher
I looked at this and I thought "Why not try something like this with mods?"

That's one of the core ideas of the official Mojang mod API that they've been working towards for the better part of a year now. ;)