What tools do you carry?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Whatever stage of the game you are in, whatever mods you have installed, I would like to know what tools you are using. What tools do you consider necessary to carry with you almost wherever you go? Are you currently working towards a dream toolkit.

I am using:

An unenchanted Bound sword (Working on getting looting and sharpness books)
Damage + looting dartcraft sword
Fortune/Efficiency/Repair pickaxe of the core
Luck + auto-repair Tinkers Hammer (steel and osmium)
Cheap lumber axe
Enchanted essence hatched from Magical crops (its unbreakable)
Silverwood wand with some basic foci
Silk touch excavator
Efficiency/repair shovel of the earthmover.
Engineer's Toolbox wrench (tried and true)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
In my current world, I always carry:
Bedrock Pickaxe
Bound Pickaxe - Fortune
Angular Transducer
RotaryCraft Screwdriver
RotaryCraft / ReactorCraft Handbooks
A Force Pouch for mining
And apparently a half charged industrial coil?

Hopefully soon I'll have a Bedrock Sword to carry around and poke things with. :D

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Once I get them set up:
Power fist with pick/diamond pick/shovel/axe/railgun upgrades
TiCo pickaxe (materials vary but it's only really there for fortune III purposes)
Hammer and Excavator (hasted to buggery, it's a landscaping thing)
Lumber axe (because there's still some wood types that confuse the power fist)
Rapier (with looting III and then quartz out the arse)
Bucket o' water (in case I need some obsidian in a hurry)
Thaumium scoop

Full powersuit with various bells and whistles as I can afford them
TiCo knapsack, usually a miner's or apiarist's pack aswell depending on what i'm hunting for.

Chefbarbie74

Jul 29, 2019
Late game DW20 pack, my hotbar consists of:
Mjolnir - Cobalt + Green Slime Hammer with silky, RF and Max speed. NOTE: I use this instead of conventional automation due to the high resource value (rich slag) and I love exploration.
Fully Loaded Power Tool (minus heavy weaponry)
Windforce - Bow with Power V, Unbreaking III, Punch II, Infinity I.

That powertool is so underrated.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Bedrock Pickaxe and sword for me.
Then I'm working on power armor right now from the modular power mod. I just installed this mod so basically still learning how to use it :)
I always have with me two enderbackpacks. One for putting things in which will be automatically inserted in my AE system and another for requesting stuff remotely with my LP remote orderer (which is also connected to my AE system).
I also have a bucket of water with me all the time in case of 'lava' accidents.

In my base I usually also carry a ProjectRed screwdriver, a Thermal Expansion wrench and a RotaryCraft screwdriver.

I don't carry anything else because I can always remotely order it.

Axylxys

Jul 29, 2019
My typical hotbar:

1) Bedrock Sword
2) Powertool, used mainly for the omniwrench, lights, crafting table sometimes
3) Bedrock pickaxe
4) Earthmover shovel
5) TiC Hammer
6) free slot, that's where i add whatever block i want to place or item i want to use
7) Linking book to my base
8) Ender pouch linked to the AE system
9) Staff of traveling, as i have a very large underground/underwated base with anchors everywhere

Then i carry a backpack full of utility stuff: emperor's chalice for water, angular transducer, screwdriver, various tools from several mods as well (probe, biblio screw gun,...), another bag full of gunpowder/rockets for my catalyst/rocket launcher, some levers, books, thaumonomicon, a sonic borer and a charged industrial coil for some quick mining on the run, a drum of lubricant, some empty buckets, a portal gun + some ender dust, handsaw, block replacer, entity mover and i probably forget a few... all the junk i like to use sometimes without having to run back :)

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
When I start out (after I find my Natura Redwood) I hollow out my first level and make a full set of 32 TiCo patterns... This gets me my Stencil/Part/Tool tables and pattern chest and leaves 4 patterns for extras (I eventually like to carry a Tool Forge in my pack for quick repairs). I make a set of wooden tier I tools to continue hollowing out my tree when I need wood and chopping and/or digging down my underground shaft to find stone.

Once I can make an oven I start converting some of my extra wood into charcoal for fuel and torches. After that I make stone tier I tools: Pick, Axe (I am still hollowing out a tree), Shovel and Sword. Then I mine until I get enough iron for a Tool Forge... Hopefully by then I have most of what I need to make the seared blocks.

Once I have the Tool Forge I make stone tier II hammer and excavator, to help get the rest of the grout ingredients for my smeltery so I can make bronze (all the benefits of iron, 3 x durability) versions.

From there it's a steady progression.

Reactions: Dezz

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Not long ago I digged into Tinkers Construct and saw all those nifty modifiable tools.
So I started to gather resources for it.
In my survival world I now have
a TiCo alumite axe with auto-repair, luck and haste
a TiCo alumite shovel with auto-repair, luck and haste
a TiCo alumite broadsword with auto-repair, sharpness, bane of athrop. and smite
a brand new TiCo cobalt pickaxe with luck, haste and flux (auto-repair is way too slow for a pickaxe, so flux is godly awesome here)
an IC2 mining laser in long-range mode for mining and toasting mobs from afar.
A flux capacitor and an IC2 energy cell to keep laser and pickaxe running.
An ender pouch (not yet linked to my small AE system)
A 'miners backpack'
A stack of torches
Some food
A bukket of water in the hotbar. (had some bad expieriences... :rolleyes:)
A stack of cobblestone to fill gaps when exploring ect.

This is my standard tool set which I carry with me all the time.
Eventually I will exchange the alumite tool heads with cobalt and maybe build the next tier of those tools. But for now it feels very smooth to work with what I have.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
In my nether world I have

A bloodwood sword
A bloodwood pick
A bloodwood axe
A bloodwood shovel
An OmniWrench
A bucket

Not very interesting, but I'll be getting some Blood Magic stuff soon enough :p

Reactions: Padfoote

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Playing DW20 pack... I keep most of this stuff in a Golden Bag of holding In an Enderpouch.

High quality TiC Rapier, Fortune pick, silk touch pick, silk touch hammer, Looting Scythe, Silk Touch Scythe.
Ars Magica 2 damage spell, dig spell, charm spell, disarm spell, Autumn's harvest, plant harvest, Growth, etc all in a spellbook.
TE3 Crecent hammer, a stack of each duct, a full Resonant cell.
Buildcraft filler with 4 landmarks.
Project red diamond saw.
AE remote order thing.
TC4 Silverwood wand w/ Enchanted Lightning, equal trade, and portable hole foci.
A Enderpouch to input into AE system.
Stack of Torches, Cobble, and any spare room is filled with glass.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Crescent hammer, portal gun, ender pouch, TiCo pick, hammer and cleaver, Sojourner's staff from Reliquary, I have three thaumcraft wands, one each for lightning, equal trade and warding.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Full bedrock tool set
Power armor
Power fist with light thingy upgrade
2 ender pouch, one for drop off one for storage
Crescent hammer
Screwdriver and angular transdecer
RoC/reactorcraft book
A set or two of MFFS setup
8+ tesseracts
Silk touch book(s)
A stack of redstone conduit, fluiduct and itemduct
Coin of fortune
Enderium capacitor (will probably make a few more to keep on me)
2+ fully charged enderium cell
4+ magnetostatic engine

I think thats about it...

Edit: forgot spot loader(s), chisel, linking booj home, me bus memory card and a stack of me cable :3 and a portal gun that dosent work --'

Last edited:

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Tools:
Diamond Pick
Iron Sword
Iron Spade
Iron Axe
A parasitic louse ready, just incase.

Armour:
Witches Hat
Witches Robes
Bark Belt
Seeping Shoes

I'll more than likely move to a wooden sword, once i install Totemic (And that will be when i add in those recipes <,<)

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Full bedrock tool set
Power armor
Power fist with light thingy upgrade
2 ender pouch, one for drop off one for storage
Crescent hammer
Screwdriver and angular transdecer
RoC/reactorcraft book
A set or two of MFFS setup
8+ tesseracts
Silk touch book(s)
A stack of redstone conduit, fluiduct and itemduct
Coin of fortune
Enderium capacitor (will probably make a few more to keep on me)
2+ fully charged enderium cell
4+ magnetostatic engine

I think thats about it...

Edit: forgot spot loader(s), chisel, linking booj home, me bus memory card and a stack of me cable :3 and a portal gun that dosent work --'
I think you forgot the kitchen sink ;)

Bedrock tools seem very popular. I have never used them what are they like?

Some of the responses have reminded me about some of the other things I like to carry around

Dartcraft Clipboard
Some reliquary goodies (especially the coin of fortune and the chalice. I haven't played much with the sojourners staff though).
Good bags and ender pouches are very important too of course[DOUBLEPOST=1401045160][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tools:
Diamond Pick
Iron Sword
Iron Spade
Iron Axe
A parasitic louse ready, just incase.

Armour:
Witches Hat
Witches Robes
Bark Belt
Seeping Shoes

I'll more than likely move to a wooden sword, once i install Totemic (And that will be when i add in those recipes <,<)
There must be a good reason to downgrade to a wooden sword. I don't have too much experience with Totemic yet but does the mod add a special wooden sword?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

Some of the responses have reminded me about some of the other things I like to carry around

Dartcraft Clipboard
Some reliquary goodies (especially the coin of fortune and the chalice. I haven't played much with the sojourners staff though).
Good bags and ender pouches are very important too of course[DOUBLEPOST=1401045160][/DOUBLEPOST]
There must be a good reason to downgrade to a wooden sword. I don't have too much experience with Totemic yet but does the mod add a special wooden sword?
I recently added in a bauble that makes you do more damage depending on how little armour, and how little your sword does, so you can get a wooden sword doing about the same as a diamond sword.
And I'm gonna add in a special wooden sword eventually, which will work better :p

Reactions: casilleroatr

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

pick can also pick up spawner and mine dirt (seems when you have the shovel in your inventory it lets the pick go quick on dirt)
sword has looting 5. done
axe chops forest (a bit like the bound pick but in an axe way)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
pick can also pick up spawner and mine dirt (seems when you have the shovel in your inventory it lets the pick go quick on dirt)
sword has looting 5. done
axe chops forest (a bit like the bound pick but in an axe way)

Pickaxe works that way without the shovel.

There is a Bound Axe. ;)