What to do with my SSP world

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
(Playing a modified MindCrack pack)

The new Mystcraft is almost released (will be in the next DW20 update), now is the question, what I want to do with my world. I've been exploring far and wide, so all villages in a radius of >1000 have been raided, some even as far as 1600 from home.
Currently I'm sitting in a home, which I labelled as temporary. I also forgot to disable a few biomes in EBXL, like the ones with those sky high trees, which have a tendency to crash my game with big graphical errors shortly before that.

Current idea: After the new versions have been released, I'll modify the EBXL configs to my liking and add Mystcraft. Then delete the region files outside of my current home. Log in again, walk into another region, setup a temporary shelter there and transfer all my stuff to there. Log out, delete the region file of my old temp home. Log in and have a fresh new world, while keeping TC3 research and all my stuff.

Anyone a better idea?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
OT, but where to find what will be in the next update?

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Your inventory and Thaumcraft research is stored in you player file saves/<worldname>/players
if you copy just this and if the IDs of the items in your inventory don't change with the update you are good to go with a new world. If you are unlucky and your point you log out is inside a mountain on the new map try again :p

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
What biome do you have your eye on for your permanent home? I had a long-time aversion to jungles, but finally settled down in one to build my "rebel base." I'm liking it - lots of opportunities to build the organic-looking structures I like to make.

Edit: Sorry, I think I misunderstood the original question. Thought you were asking for ideas for a new SSP world

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Your inventory and Thaumcraft research is stored in you player file saves/<worldname>/players
... If you are unlucky and your point you log out is inside a mountain on the new map try again :p
You could fly up to Y=255 with your jetpack and log out before doing the transfer. Where are the contents of Ender Chests stored? Transferring the contents of those would be a good way to expand the items that you can take with you, if you make Ender Pouches.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
I can help you out.. Say you want to keep the chunk your base is on... Well in your save folder where you game is saved is a folder called region.. Will be tons of files in this if you have explored many different chunks in your overwold..

If you delete region files you delete a set chunk... The problem is how can you tell what region your base is on... There is a math way to do it.. .Not even going to attempt it...

But I found that at midnight for you area... If you log in after midnight.. Go you your home base.. Place 1 block in every part of your base that is a different chunk.. Your date file for Regions will Update to the current date...

All the others you did not mess with (or go to, don't go to them either) will be the old date from the day before or later...

Delete the old files.. Keep the new ones..

Breand new chunks will be loaded next time you play..

Or vice versa...

Mystcraft is stored in there own folders..

Of course back up your saves before even attempting this. Of course sound like you have it covered.. Just a little tip for others that might not know what regions are.

Reactions: Larroke

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Deleting the region files where I and my collected stuff (more than fits into my inventory) are not, was the plan :)
But the ideas with simply generating a new world with copying over enderchest and player.dat files is a good idea. Cheat in the enderchests and delete them again after the move.

Zwij: I'm searching for a place, which is good for bee breeding. So optimal would be normal/normal with desert, jungle, ice close by. Redrock ridge close by would be a nice bonus, I was thinking about using those red stones for my base (and converting some of the rest to clay for electrolyzing). Not a forest, but more open plains with a forest in view (could also grow my own forest with saplings, not the problem).
Do any of the EBXL biomes count as a forest in regard to bee breeding? (There is one bee which needs forest.)
Do any of the EBXL biomes count as plains in regard to bee breeding? (There is one bee which needs plains.)