What to do with all these bows?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JesterSig

Jul 29, 2019
I've built a mob farm around a couple spawners to collect essence using the mfr grinder, but I don't know what to do with all the enchanted bows it's dropping. I'm a bit of a hippie in minecraft and would like to reuse materials rather than voiding. Is there a way to extract essence or exp out of the enchantments on the bows? I have an auto-disenchanter but don't really need any more power I or punch I books. Is there a better use of these bows other than throwing them in a furnace or recycler?

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised at how much gold armor the mobs drop which I smelt into ingots. It also provides a slow stream of steel.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
It's at that time of sleep deprivation where my initial response is Combine them and make Bowtron!

But you could also use the other suggestions people are making. I hadn't even thought of the Auto-Anvil/disenchanting route.

Reactions: casilleroatr

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Can put them in a condenser. I don't know if that would qualify as better than a recycler/furnace though.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you using? If you're using one with Dartcraft, you can use the Force Rod on enchanted books to get Bottles 'o Enchanting. Maybe this can somehow be automated using the Tool Dynamism Tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer? (I'm not sure whether the rod can be used in it though)
Something I like to do with interesting excess items is toss them in the crucible for the aspects, this is automate-able with turtles if you'd like ;)

JesterSig

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sorry I didn't mention it before, but I'm using unleashed. Oddly enough the bows that I get from the grinder are all fully repaired and every one of them is enchanted. I don't know if the usual almost broken bows aren't being dropped or if the grinder is only picking up the fully repaired bows. The spawners are encased in a stone room so I haven't actually looked inside since I turned it on to see if there are drops on the ground that it isn't picking up.

I haven't messed with dart craft at all yet but I like the idea of turning all the enchanted books I get into exp bottles. I'll also probably keep some of the bows on hand in my thaum room for the aspects.

I do use some of the bows, but I get a lot of them and I prefer the tinker's bows more. I'm not really looking to condense or store them. Most extra stuff I tend to recycle because I feel like I get a little bit back compared to just voiding.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Edit: the Bowtron suggestion makes me want to build a big robot with computer controlled dispensers or stevecarts turrets on it

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Which pack are you using? If you're using one with Dartcraft, you can use the Force Rod on enchanted books to get Bottles 'o Enchanting. Maybe this can somehow be automated using the Tool Dynamism Tablet from Thaumic Tinkerer? (I'm not sure whether the rod can be used in it though)
Something I like to do with interesting excess items is toss them in the crucible for the aspects, this is automate-able with turtles if you'd like ;)

This was going to be my answer too, kinda. I turn all of my skelebows into pieces of string with a force rod.

Kitchen_Fire

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sorry I didn't mention it before, but I'm using unleashed. Oddly enough the bows that I get from the grinder are all fully repaired and every one of them is enchanted. I don't know if the usual almost broken bows aren't being dropped or if the grinder is only picking up the fully repaired bows. The spawners are encased in a stone room so I haven't actually looked inside since I turned it on to see if there are drops on the ground that it isn't picking up.

I haven't messed with dart craft at all yet but I like the idea of turning all the enchanted books I get into exp bottles. I'll also probably keep some of the bows on hand in my thaum room for the aspects.

I do use some of the bows, but I get a lot of them and I prefer the tinker's bows more. I'm not really looking to condense or store them. Most extra stuff I tend to recycle because I feel like I get a little bit back compared to just voiding.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Edit: the Bowtron suggestion makes me want to build a big robot with computer controlled dispensers or stevecarts turrets on it

Making enchanted books from the bows and then using dartcraft to convert books to exp is probably your best option at this point. You can also create a experience tome with dartcraft to store all the xp. If you are playing on a server you could create a public enchanting area so everyone can benefit from your excess - that would be the hippie thing to do.