What to do with all the drones from Forestry

Stocastico

Jul 29, 2019
I got 2 chests full of drones. Are they useful in any way - considering they are what's left from n-th princess+drone breeding processes.

jammiewins

Jul 29, 2019
If you have extra bees installed, you can melt them down into liquid DNA which can be used in a sequencer to convert bees to other types. If you don't then I have no idea what you can use them for.

Bahnmor

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you still can in current versions, but I used to throw mine into a recycler.

For some reason that strikes me as more evil than pumping them into a void pipe. I have no idea why.

DaNerd27

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if you still can in current versions, but I used to throw mine into a recycler.

For some reason that strikes me as more evil than pumping them into a void pipe. I have no idea why.

Yes, fuel those Mass/Matter Fabricators with drone innards and make boxes with their skins!

Stocastico

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to understand how the apiarist's chest works. Why my insects don't stack? Do they stack only if all the breeding informations are known?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Bees never stack no matter what and the apiarist's chest is mostly useless other then the info on the side that tells you what bees you have. The only use for the extra drones you get is to allow you to cross breed bees between hives as well as sometimes having different traits on them. Which is really only useful when breeding bees and if you are using a automatic system then the best thing to do is void/dump them in lava.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Bees never stack no matter what and the apiarist's chest is mostly useless other then the info on the side that tells you what bees you have. The only use for the extra drones you get is to allow you to cross breed bees between hives as well as sometimes having different traits on them. Which is really only useful when breeding bees and if you are using a automatic system then the best thing to do is void/dump them in lava.
Not quite true. SirSengir has just updated Forestry and now drones stack, they must have the exact same genome though. Princesses\Queens still do not stack however. So once FTB is able to update you can stack drones.