What to do at endgame?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
I've been pondering about this for a while now. I'm nearing endgame with some mods (gregtech, bees) and I've been there for a long time with Thaumcraft. So what to do now? Especially with Thaumcraft, I feel there just isn't anything to do with my massive production and storage of vis, and with Gregtech there's only so much iridium you'll need (although it's a lot and I'm not quite there yet).

It seems pointless to build extensive systems to give you resources that you essentially don't need because you already have plenty

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft's endgame is creative building. Ideally you should have an automation system that caters to that - something that provides you with the largest possible variety of building materials possible, automatically and as limitless as possible, as well as the resources and/or energy needed to make and/or power the tools or machines you need for your building process. A GraviSuit provides creative flight, dozens of enderpouches give wireless access to all the stuff you'll ever need, and then you go and build something jawdropping.

Of course, very often people don't keep a fixed goal in mind. They automate for the sake of automation, mass-produce for the sake of mass-production and progress for the sake of progression. It's a valid way to play the game, sure, but this kind of playstyle has no edgame beyond a certain point. After you built a GregTech fusion reactor, and automated it to run 24/7 without requiring further attention, you're done. Time to start a new world.

Reactions: Zexks

Ravnen

Jul 29, 2019
Your point about the gravisuit is a good one. It does certainly make everything construction related much easier.

I really hope Thaumcraft will add more endgame utilities. It's pretty much my favourite mod, but I realise the only thing I can use it for is is having a smaller quarry with silktouch and fortune enabled

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
If you've got a few Dimension-adding (And not Mystcraft) mods, and you haven't already gone monster hunting, make a trophy room. Use BiblioCraft shelves and collect mob heads, then boss mob heads. In Ultimate that's just the Ender Dragon, though if you're using GT you'll probably want to conceal a Dragon Egg generator under the Egg, and the Twilight Forest Naga, Lich and Hydra heads - Ur-Ghast too, on 1.5x
Or set up your current base to be accessed remotely, go to another dimension and set up again. Make an observation deck overlooking the vast Twilight Forest, or terraform the End's island into one of the Overworld biomes.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
My end game I'm striving for is a full size railcraft tank of L.D.N.A!!! Highly doubt I'm gonna get there though, have 24 Alvearies running with each bee on Short Lifespan and Max Fertility for a while now but changed my username so for the past 2 months or so of playing my ABO teleport pipes glitched out and none of the L.D.N.A got to the tank so still only on +-390 buckets so a looooong way to go...

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Your point about the gravisuit is a good one. It does certainly make everything construction related much easier.

I really hope Thaumcraft will add more endgame utilities. It's pretty much my favourite mod, but I realise the only thing I can use it for is is having a smaller quarry with silktouch and fortune enabled
Thaumcraft is far from finished. We're at the start of what will become a very long and awesome tech tree.
For example, if you look at the page of the Goggles of Revealing in your Thaumonomicon, it says something along the lines of "basic aura detection tool" or something. That implies that there will be better ones.

We just have to wait and see, and hope that Azanor doesn't decide to do a complete rewrite of the mod before then :p[DOUBLEPOST=1372672394][/DOUBLEPOST]
With UU-matter giving watersource blocks, I did actually think about terraforming the Nether. Terraforming the End sounds.. a bit insane :p
It's actually prettier (as well as easier) to terraform the End, because, for example, the biome colours in the Nether make grass a gross browny yellow colour.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This is an open world game. How the heck do you get to the end of it? The only "end" in this game is the dimension named "The End". If there truly was an end to the game, then why have people been playing vanilla for years? The linear progression of climbing a mod's tech tree does not mean you have "beaten" the game or that you're at an ending.

I never understand these type of posts. But that's just my point of view.

Reactions: SonOfABirch

thestarlion

Jul 29, 2019
Setting oneself challenges provides and end of sorts. I play with GalactiCraft installed most of the time, so I set myself the challenge of setting up only what I need on the Overworld so I can create a space station, and then moving shop there and setting everything up there - all the while trying to provide enough oxygen so I can breathe and also enough power to handle everything and sufficient UUM production so I don't have to keep going back to the Overworld for resources.
It's not an end as such, but it gives me a goal that requires a lot of work to reach, and as long as I've got something to do that I want to do - that's always the main thing - do what you want to do.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
This is an open world game. How the heck do you get to the end of it? The only "end" in this game is the dimension named "The End". If there truly was an end to the game, then why have people been playing vanilla for years? The linear progression of climbing a mod's tech tree does not mean you have "beaten" the game or that you're at an ending.

I never understand these type of posts. But that's just my point of view.
Thats the problem its points of view there like butts we all have one but often only crap comes from them, I speak for my self..

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
When I hit endgame on one of my world, I start to roleplay. Automate the production to nukes and have a cold war between my bases, then converting one into an adventure map and blowing them to bits. Afterwards I have an only underground challenge in my vaults, caves, and sewers.

When I'm dome playing pseudo fallout/metro, I move to some new land far away and start fresh.

Imagination is beautiful.

Reactions: tehBlobLord