What Produces the most Energy in Mekanism?

NadeShot

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so what produces the most power in Mekanism? I'm using the TPPI pack. Also on that note, is 1 wind turbine enough to power a ME System?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so what produces the most power in Mekanism? I'm using the TPPI pack. Also on that note, is 1 wind turbine enough to power a ME System?

Yes and no...

It might handle an ME Controller, interface and a drive with one storage cell but you may need to upgrade the power as the ME system gets bigger.
Also TPPI pack has Big Reactors (as their modlist page states) just use that, a small reactor can pump you out a lot of energy and is very reliable. Not that expensive either for a 3x3x3 setup I'd go for a 5x5x3 setup first though. Should pump out 300-500 RF/t but those setups can only really hold one rod so your fuel efficiency won't be great, but the fuel cost is still manageable.

Edit:grammar

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
It might have been disabled/removed. Some people view it as an exploit, as it's energy positive and very easy to setup.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I think the hydrogen generator is called the gas burning generator or something similar in the version of Mekanism in TPPI. Also, they aren't power positive when used with the electrolytic separator in TPPI.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
It accepts most of common energies so you can power it with anything really including plugin it to your main energy network.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I think the hydrogen generator is called the gas burning generator or something similar in the version of Mekanism in TPPI. Also, they aren't power positive when used with the electrolytic separator in TPPI.
You need to jumpstart the seperator and hydrogen generator. After that, you can power the seperator with the hydrogen generator exclusively. This yields a positive power loop as the generator is powering the machine that makes its fuel.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
You need to jumpstart the seperator and hydrogen generator. After that, you can power the seperator with the hydrogen generator exclusively. This yields a positive power loop as the generator is powering the machine that makes its fuel.
Not in TPPI, the energy consumption of the electrolytic separator has been increased quite a lot.