What Mods keep Chunks loaded?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to find out why our server lags every 30sek or so. The tps is ok at 20 and it takes around 23ms to process everything. But when the lag occurs the tps go down to 15 with 60 or more ms processing time.(Processor load is at 100% when it happens)

So i wanted to find out what is causing the lag by disabling all chunk loaders on the map one by one till the server runs smooth the whole time. Thanks to Chickenbones Chunkloaders that at the /chunkloads command i can see which cunks are loaded and mostly by what loads them.
But the base of one player who is not playing atm and so disabled all his chunkloaders is still loaded, and i don't get what keeps it loaded.

I know this blocks load chunks:
Chickenbone Chickenchunks
Railcraft World Anchor
Buildcraft Quarry
Some MFFS Blocks
Chunk Loading Carts
Chunkloading Turtle (Misc Periferals)

The mods on the server are the ones in the DW20 pack. In the base is nearly every machine that is in the pack so i can't find out what is causing this.
Maybe someone knows what could be the chunk loading block i forget.

I would take some hints on how to find the source of this lag.

Edit:
One thing i think has to do with the lag...keeping the /chunkloaders view open i can see arround the chunk loaders there is more area loaded then the loader should load. But when the lag occoures this extra chunks unload all (the real chunkloaded keept loaded) and build up again.

Edit2:
In the ChickenBone Chunkloader config is this entry:
#The number of ticks to wait between attempting to unload orphaned chunks
cleanuptime=1200

so i don't know why more chunks are loaded arround the chunkloader (i think vanilla minecraft causes this) but the cleanup is the problem.

But still there is one base loaded and i don't know why.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Original spawn point is a chunk loader as well.

Also, don't portals and portal frames keep the chunks loaded when they are active?

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Original spawn point is a chunk loader as well.

Also, don't portals and portal frames keep the chunks loaded when they are active?
Yes Spawn area i know...side question is it possible to lower the are the spawn loads? It is a huge area.

No one except for me has used portals so far (Portalgun) there are mystcraft portals but i think they are no loading.

Maybe tesseracts?

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Tesseracts should not. Don't think anything in TE can load chunks.

There are spot loaders as well -- smaller version of chickenbone's chunk loader.

I don't know what would cause neighboring chunks to load -- are items/carts/any other entities moving into the orphaned chunk area?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Active portals do keep the chunk they're occupying loaded. Just that chunk. Tesseracts explicitly do not.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
/chunkloaders shows the name of the block that loads the chunks. But not in this areas that are loaded.
An yes i testet it, tesseracts don't load chunks.
But with the setting to clean the orphaned chunks not so often everything runs smooth again.

Maybe i will find out what keeps thouse chunks loaded...i am thinking about copying it on my local machine. And destroying the base part by part to see if i can find the source of this.