What mods did Tobuscus use in Minecraft

ItzJavaV2

Jul 29, 2019
I heard he used a FTB pack, but I have been looking forever and can't find what mod pack he used, and what version of Minecraft he used. If anyone KNOWS, (not thinks) what mods or mod pack he used, please tell me. I know he used mo creatures, mine and blade, the Aether, rei's or zan's minimap, and castle defenders, but what was the mod that added the basalt volcanos, the marble and all the new ores and minerals like copper, tin, light xychorium, amber, bronze, lead, silver, dark xychorium, green sapphire, shard of minium and a bunch others, there was another mod where there was new music in the over world, that is all the items I can really think of, If I find out more items I would like to ask what mod they are from, I will update this post, thanks for the help guys.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
It was a custom, private modpack for 1.4.7 most likely from the description (so not FTB). Aether couldn't be in it though.

Oracle of Wuffing

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing Basalt Volcanos and Marble are from RedPower 2 (which would also add Green Sapphire, though so could GregTech). Copper, Tin, Lead, and Silver could be added by a number of mods, but I believe those were already in Thermal Expansion 2 at the time, though Forestry or IndustrialCraft could have been behind some of those, too. Xychorium's definitely XyCraft, and Shards of Miniums are an Equivalent Exchange item. Amber is probably Thaumcraft.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing Basalt Volcanos and Marble are from RedPower 2 (which would also add Green Sapphire, though so could GregTech). Copper, Tin, Lead, and Silver could be added by a number of mods, but I believe those were already in Thermal Expansion 2 at the time, though Forestry or IndustrialCraft could have been behind some of those, too. Xychorium's definitely XyCraft, and Shards of Miniums are an Equivalent Exchange item. Amber is probably Thaumcraft.
OK, this is littered with misinformation. I assume Redpower 2 was used and not some weird volcano mod. He would definitely not add Gregtech. He probably added TE2 and XyCraft. AND DEFINITLEY NOT EE2, TE2 AND XYCRAFT DID NOT EXIST IN THE SAME VERSION AS EE2 EVER!

Also I have never watched this. I do know that he would never use GT and I couldn't stand seeing the inconsistencies.

ItzJavaV2

Jul 29, 2019
that kinda sucks that you can't make tools and armor out of pretty much any of those ores accept for the 2 sapphires and ruby, but I really like the volcanos and marble, do you or anyone else reading know any good ore mods that you can make tools and armor from, thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1409878253][/DOUBLEPOST]I am more of an adventurer in minecraft, I like to mine, fight and explore, so I really don't like mods with machines and stuff like that, so any mods you think I would like, please tell me any you know, thanks again guys :D

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Didn't he use the Peewee Herman mod?

You know, the one that screams like a raging Chihuahua for stupid reasons? Sorry, not a Tobuscus fan :) Can you tell?

TBH, move past that old version, there are soo many new and exciting things than there was in 1.4.7 IMHO, 1.6.4 is a golden age of modded MC, waiting for 1.7 to stabilize out a bit first before diving in head first.

Almost all mods have machines of some sort, but again, you are looking at 1.4 stuff, Thermal Expansion is easy to use, and won't blow up in your face if you forgot to use a copper wire instead of a tin wire.

If you truly want to avoid tech, try one of the magic based mod packs.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Oracle of Wuffing

Jul 29, 2019
OK, this is littered with misinformation. I assume Redpower 2 was used and not some weird volcano mod. He would definitely not add Gregtech. He probably added TE2 and XyCraft. AND DEFINITLEY NOT EE2, TE2 AND XYCRAFT DID NOT EXIST IN THE SAME VERSION AS EE2 EVER!

Also I have never watched this. I do know that he would never use GT and I couldn't stand seeing the inconsistencies.
Hey, as someone else who hasn't watched this, I felt it was worth mentioning that there were two mods that were known to add Green Sapphires. I didn't mean that GregTech is the only mod that added them, I just wanted to point ItzJavaV2 in the right direction for research.

XyCraft was released for 1.4.2, as you can see here. Thermal Expansion 2 was released for 1.4.2, they have a download listed for it here but it looks like that's no longer available for download. Equivalent Exchange was also released for 1.4.2, though that was Equivalent Exchange 3. I did not say Equivalent Exchange 2. All three of those mods all appeared in the 1.4.7 FTB Ultimate pack, come to think of it.

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
that kinda sucks that you can't make tools and armor out of pretty much any of those ores accept for the 2 sapphires and ruby, but I really like the volcanos and marble, do you or anyone else reading know any good ore mods that you can make tools and armor from, thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1409878253][/DOUBLEPOST]I am more of an adventurer in minecraft, I like to mine, fight and explore, so I really don't like mods with machines and stuff like that, so any mods you think I would like, please tell me any you know, thanks again guys :D
BetterDunegons and Roguelike dungeons are both good for exploration, Mine and Blade:Battlegear adds some fun stuff for fighting. You may have to move to a newer MC version in order to use some of them

ItzJavaV2

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, thanks for the help guys, Ctpqrk, I usually do mod on 1.6.4, I just wanted to see what mods he used and try to find them and see if they were updated, thanks for the help! And RJS, I love BetterDungeons, but I've never used or heard of Roguelike dungeons, I gotta try it out, thank you too! Also, Oracle of Wuffing, thank you also, and I looked up Redpower 2 and that is the mod with the volcanos and stuff! So thanks for the help!