What mods are you currently playing?

L0NExW0LF

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, just curious what mods/modpacks people are currently playing.

I'm currently playing a 1.7.10 magic based pack with some tech (Flaxbeard's Steam Power). My pack also includes Thaumcraft (and addons), Witchery, Botaina, Ars Magica 2, Pam's Harvestcraft, Hunger Overhaul and Archmagus

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
technic pack :p (no, not a technic pack, THE technic pack.)[DOUBLEPOST=1411793278][/DOUBLEPOST]
/me thinks
/me doesn't play as much Minecraft as develops for it
/me doesn't belong in this thread :p

you you ninja
honestly, i spend more time working on packs and other development stuff than i do on minecraft anymore.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Built my own 1.7 pack mostly based on Reika's mods. RoC, ReC, Electricraft, Chromaticraft, AE2, Extra utilities, Steve's factory manager, Ender IO and several utility mods like minimap, NEI, and inventory tweaks. I think it ended up being 42 mods all together.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
A huge, horrendous mishmash of magic, techy-magic, tech, utilities and cooking. And farming and gardening. 6 separate power systems? No problem. 4-5 magic systems to focus on? Alrighty, sounds like a fun time!

Ritt

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still playing my nostalgic self-made pack, so mostly Buildcraft, Forestry, and Railcraft. Roguelike Dungeons and Twilight Forest are in there for a spot of adventure.

Had a very nice go at Flaxbeard's Steam Power before the whole 1.7.10 card house came tumbling down. I'll revisit it once most of the mods in that pack have had a chance to iterate. I'm glad to see SatanicSanta pick up the torch!

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
I play a small pack I threw together.
Mostly using Botania and EnderIO with BC. It's fun!

That's the list.

I was thinking about adding more mods. I just don't really know which. Maybe LP and AM2 (For storage and more magic).
I thought about FSP, but it just doesn't feel like it fits, especially with me having EnderIO. Without that mod I would probably add it into the pack.

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing a custom pack on 1.6.4 with Minefantasy, Mine & Blade Battlegear and a few other utility mods.

xyzzy75

Jul 29, 2019
Also playing a custom pack (and finally, FINALLY nailed down the two most annoying bugs ever). I've been building my first witchery base and really enjoying it. I managed to set it up so I have a nice cozy witchy house that still has access to the altar for the kettle, spinning wheel, and distillery. I installed a small Steve's Carts tree farm for the vanilla trees and I'm about to set up some farms for the mod trees and plants. I made a nice little bedroom that will have my witchy closet and a ceiling designed to replicate the circle talismans from the mod. I still have to build an area for circles and I need to set up a Steve's Factory Manager system that keeps my witchery chest stocked from my farms. I've barely done any tech stuff yet--just enough to keep a Mek jetpack and free runners filled and powered.

Sidorion

Jul 29, 2019
I never play without Buildcraft, Railcraft, Termal Expansion and Minefactory Reloaded.
My current pack includes additionally BiblioCraft, Tinker's Construct, Morph and a really cool mod called Storage Drawers.

Shunraiki

Jul 29, 2019
I usually find modpacks with Hardcore Questing Mode, Reliquary, Thaumcraft, Ars Magica 2, Applied Energistics, Dynamic Sword Skills, Tinker's Construct, Hunger Overhaul, and Spice of Life. Though i haven't found a modpack that has all those mods in it yet so i sometimes secretly added them for fun xD
Though the mod i pretty much would play the most is Touhou Items mod.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I have the "usual" magic mods, Thaumcraft, Witchery, Blood Magic.
The absolutely essential for storage Applied Energistics

The goal of the modpack (and the lack of tech mods, mods that screw with hunger mechanics,or mods that produce infinite resources) is adventure and exploration so Twilight Forest is core. "Ruins" adds some interesting surface structures, and Roguelike Dungeons for epic below surface dungeons.
I tried doomlike dungeons and found them too chaotic. I need to try Better Dungeons now called Chocolate Quest to see if its better than Roguelike.
So I am in the market (as it were) for mods that add additional dimensions, or structures, that are challenging for players in the end game of thaumcraft, blood magic or witchery.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Playing a slightly modified version of InfiTech2, a GT-centered pack that includes most other tech mods save TE and Reika's. It also has Magic and most everything Bees-related. No BloodMagic, TiCo, Gendustry, TE, or Reiak's though. Those would throw off a lot of the GT balance/progression or else simply wouldn't work. Would *love* to see Reika's balanced with GT, but that's a tall order. My custom version has BigReactor's in there, but re-balanced to fit into this pack.

Since it's balanced around GT, it's a much slower pack than a general-purpose pack, which is exactly what I want. I've been playing co-op with @Pyure and it's been fabulous. If you're interested, go on over to the InfiTech2 thread in the 3rd-Party Packs forums. The primary author of this pack, @Jason McRay , is a great guy.

Reactions: Pyure