What is the most efficient and compact MJ production possible in Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi folks,

I was wondering, what are some of the most efficient and compact MJ production possible in Unleashed. I currently just reached the level of getting 75mj/t wirelessly as shown below. It didn't require too much space except for the blocks in the picture, an alveary, a squeezer, centrifuge, and cobble generator.

I know that I could go with industrial steam engines with a similar design, but the problem with that is the associated "other" blocks and the space it would consume, etc. So I was wondering if any of you guys had other things I'm not aware of yet in terms of efficient, compact, and highest "bang for your buck" MJ generation. Heck, it wasn't even until 20 hours ago that I learned about the deep-storage-unit. Lol.

Im a big proponent of wireless energy, but if you have stationery setups, that's fine too!

wirelessmj.jpg

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
well if you considering a 5x5x5 area, which you are showing here... The best setup is, and hate to be boring, but 36HP with the engines hooked up right on the boiler. 144mj including all the intakes and outtakes.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Replace magmatics with BioFuel Generators. You just hit 300 MJ/t.

Also you can add more in the exposed corners like the one facing the screenshot; with additional tesseracts, anyway.

Oh and for the "other" blocks; squid power is the most compact design in terms of it.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, MFR Biogens are some of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on. 16 MJ/T for plant stuff that can easily be automated via MFR or other mods. I've hit 1440+ MJ/T before in a multiplayer server before.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, MFR Biogens are some of the most beautiful things I've ever laid eyes on. 16 MJ/T for plant stuff that can easily be automated via MFR or other mods. I've hit 1440+ MJ/T before in a multiplayer server before.
Only 10 boilers worth?

Come now get to 50 boilers worth.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Replace magmatics with BioFuel Generators. You just hit 300 MJ/t.

Also you can add more in the exposed corners like the one facing the screenshot; with additional tesseracts, anyway.

Oh and for the "other" blocks; squid power is the most compact design in terms of it.

That seems pretty epic. What additional blocks are needed to generate the biofuel? I guess I'm pursuing approaches that are both compact, when including all blocks needed to get it going and be self-sufficient, and efficient given the total size of blocks (i.e., most bang for your buck in terms of resources and space).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
2x1 tank for a squid. You can max it out at 8 ranchers. One rancher feeds 4 bioreactors, so 32 of those at most. Each bioreactor generates enough biofuel for 189 biofuel generators. So 576288 BioFuel generators at most. From one squid this comes out to a grand total of 92164608 MJ/t. But of course you can scale it to whatever degree you see fit.

E: Fixed mistakes.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
2x1 tank for a squid. You can max it out at 8 ranchers. One rancher feeds 4 bioreactors, so 32 of those at most. Each bioreactor generates enough biofuel for 18 biofuel generators. So 576 BioFuel generators at most. From one squid this comes out to a grand total of 9216 MJ/t. But of course you can scale it to whatever degree you see fit.

Wow...that squid approach seems....pretty....uh....powerful. Lol.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Wow...that squid approach seems....pretty....uh....powerful. Lol.
At another angle, boilers, Once fully heated one bioreactor produces enough biofuel to maintain 2 36HP boilers. So the 32 bioreactors could maintain 64 boilers which... wait what? 9216 MJ/t again... Something seems off.

E: Found the error. Boilers produce double the amount of power from Biofuel at max heat over BioFuel generators, though in a less convenient manner.

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Never knew squids were that godly, as I have been sticking to poop-amplified treefarms and other melon/pumpkin systems. I don't trust squids to stay in one place, even with the Jailer's Safari Net though :S
I find the BioFuel reactor + Unifier (If you need ethanol for any reason at all) far more effective than wasting resources on a big production line, even though it has a limited output.