What is better Wyvern armor or quantum armor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
Well Wyvern armor is good but Draconic armor is invincible. Wyvern armor is basically invincible as long as you keep power flowing (except against TC rapiers unless they patched that.) Quantum is one in the same, however the difference between Wyvern and Quantum armor is that quantum is the final form of IC2 armor and is very nice, however it only provides minimal effects (aka no fall damage, speed 2, etc) Wyvern is basically the same, however it has another form, draconic. Draconic armor gives a REDICULOUS speed boost and makes the player just about unkillable. Along with night vision and still, the ability to put specific enchants on the armor and modify the values of the armor itself. (So if you don't like having speed "super" you can decrease the vaule.

Back in the day, I would have said quantum, but tbh, draconic evolution now rules the op armor section. Get Quantum if you like the look and possibility of death, get wyvern if you want people to have an equally tough time killing you, and if you feel like upgrading that, well then good luck dying sir!

-General_Metrac

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
As in many things, better is subjective. Wyvern armor is much more powerful, particularly considering the enchantment capabilities with 5 slots and being able to stack enchants that you normally cannot. However it lacks flight. This can be circumvented with rings etc. Draconic chestplate however has flight and is the most powerful armor you can get. The last time I used quantum armor it had creative flight and that was probably the best thing IC ever did IMO.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Well Wyvern armor is good but Draconic armor is invincible. Wyvern armor is basically invincible as long as you keep power flowing (except against TC rapiers unless they patched that.) Quantum is one in the same, however the difference between Wyvern and Quantum armor is that quantum is the final form of IC2 armor and is very nice, however it only provides minimal effects (aka no fall damage, speed 2, etc) Wyvern is basically the same, however it has another form, draconic. Draconic armor gives a REDICULOUS speed boost and makes the player just about unkillable. Along with night vision and still, the ability to put specific enchants on the armor and modify the values of the armor itself. (So if you don't like having speed "super" you can decrease the vaule.

Back in the day, I would have said quantum, but tbh, draconic evolution now rules the op armor section. Get Quantum if you like the look and possibility of death, get wyvern if you want people to have an equally tough time killing you, and if you feel like upgrading that, well then good luck dying sir!

-General_Metrac
There's nothing to be patched, it's not a bug. TiC rapiers are intentionally designed to bypass all armor.

General_Metrac

Jul 29, 2019
There's nothing to be patched, it's not a bug. TiC rapiers are intentionally designed to bypass all armor.

It is intended to bypass armor yes, however if you looked, draconic armor is able to resist this effect. I expected this was either a bug with the rapier not being able to pierce it, therefore the mod author either designed Wyvern armor to be hit by a rapier, or he forgot to patch it so you couldn't. I didn't mean patch TC rapiers, I meant the armor sets themselves

null123

Mar 27, 2014
It is intended to bypass armor yes, however if you looked, draconic armor is able to resist this effect. I expected this was either a bug with the rapier not being able to pierce it, therefore the mod author either designed Wyvern armor to be hit by a rapier, or he forgot to patch it so you couldn't. I didn't mean patch TC rapiers, I meant the armor sets themselves
Fair enough :p

Sorry if I sound a little cranky, I'm rather tired.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
quantum is the final form of IC2 armor and is very nice, however it only provides minimal effects (aka no fall damage, speed 2, etc)
Actually(unless things have dramatically changed) Quantum Armour supplies quite a few features: Night Vision, Auto Feeding(from canned food), poison curing, fall damage absorb, sprint boost, water breathing, jump boost, etc.

The last time I used quantum armor it had creative flight and that was probably the best thing IC ever did IMO.
I believe that Quantum Armour now have an added Electric jetpack solution. What you are thinking of is probably the GraviChest from GraviSuite.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I forgot to add is the wyvern capacitor that holds 80million rf and will charge anything taking rf that is in your hotbar. Also I think it charges wyvern armor while in armor slots.

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Actually(unless things have dramatically changed) Quantum Armour supplies quite a few features: Night Vision, Auto Feeding(from canned food), poison curing, fall damage absorb, sprint boost, water breathing, jump boost, etc.

I believe that Quantum Armour now have an added Electric jetpack solution. What you are thinking of is probably the GraviChest from GraviSuite.

No this was in a mod pack that did not have gravisuite. I don't recall which one that was it could have been dire or FTB.

raiju

Jul 29, 2019
While you can make arguments for minor utility quantum has (the autofeeding is garbage, lets not mention that one) - which wyvern can get upgraded to quantum, or you can get via various baubles - in nearly every situation wyvern blows quantum out of the water.

quantum claims to have a jetpack built in now - I was not able to get this to work at all (playing a third party pack - seriouspack, although experienced no other bugs outside of ancient warfare). If this worked it may be a selling point, although if accessories are allowed I'd always have an angel ring which draconics movement speed boosts.

quantum armour will run out of energy long before even wyvern armour from my experience - I found a ravaged dungeon from HEE tore through quantums energy pretty fast, but wyvern just doesn't realistically drain (was still at 80+% all said and done)

anti negative effects is the only real improvement, but then again draconic. Oh and draconic speed boost + sprinting + anything else you may want to add reminds me of MPS way back when

Reactions: ametefe12456

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
The jetpack controls were not easy to figure out for the Quantum armor. I had to google it. In fact, if you google quantum armor jetpack controls you will see it did indeed have flight at one time, and I'm sure it still does. However the headaches to get to that point are not worth it for me anymore. And just try stacking 5 enchantments on quantum armor, including enchants that normally won't stack. Wyvern definitely makes quantum armor look silly.

Edit: I just googled it, and the FTB wiki clearly states quantum armor has a jetpack.

null123

Mar 27, 2014
The jetpack controls were not easy to figure out for the Quantum armor. I had to google it. In fact, if you google quantum armor jetpack controls you will see it did indeed have flight at one time, and I'm sure it still does. However the headaches to get to that point are not worth it for me anymore. And just try stacking 5 enchantments on quantum armor, including enchants that normally won't stack. Wyvern definitely makes quantum armor look silly.

Edit: I just googled it, and the FTB wiki clearly states quantum armor has a jetpack.
A jetpack, yes.

You specified creative flight. Those are two different things (usually).

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
A jetpack, yes.

You specified creative flight. Those are two different things (usually).

There are many types of flight that are the same as creative (as in there is little to no altitude loss unless you press down key). I'm almost positive the quantum armor flight mechanic is one of them, however there is no way I'm going to go through the abuse of IC requirements now to get it to verify. In fact, I doubt I will ever use IC again unless its in an older modpack for nostalgia. Although the last time i tried to load an older modpack it kept crashing the launcher so I guess those days are over.