What do you do with all your excess power?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

cronixia

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just curious, I see lots of people creating massive power plants to generate an enormous amount of energy in terms of EU + MJ. Soo I am asking you, what do you do with all your power?

Pics are welcome

warfighter67

Jul 29, 2019
Not at home right now, but I have tons of MFSU and Redstone Energy Cells to store all of my energy. Once the Ultimate pack is released with RP2, I'll have tons of battery boxes.

Later, I plan on building one of the greg tech storage blocks that store billions of EU, and put it in the very back of my power grid. That way, the MFSU grid keeps supplied and outputting massive amounts of EU while the greg tech storage block will supply at 128 eu/t I believe is its max output.

zwahlm14

Jul 29, 2019
I use all my excess MJs for powering my 7 magma crucibles which are filling up a 7x7x8 iron tank.

cronixia

Jul 29, 2019
Not at home right now, but I have tons of MFSU and Redstone Energy Cells to store all of my energy. Once the Ultimate pack is released with RP2, I'll have tons of battery boxes.

Later, I plan on building one of the greg tech storage blocks that store billions of EU, and put it in the very back of my power grid. That way, the MFSU grid keeps supplied and outputting massive amounts of EU while the greg tech storage block will supply at 128 eu/t I believe is its max output.

I'd have no idea what to actually 'do' with one billion EUs. Other than matter fabricate it all or something else stupid like 50 quarries at once.

ThyMrMan

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely nothing, It fills up as fast I can can drain it so I just gave up. Still don't have the resources needed to make as many Fabs as I would need to waste all the energy.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I too charge up redstone energy cells, when I have empties. Otherwise I just turn off supply to all the magmatic engines and hope not too much lava is wasted before they run out.
The main thing I do with the energy cells is carry one around with a forestry logger and chop down some of giant redwood trees which infest my island. Or visit various Mystcraft ages to collect other sorts of wood.