What are the flying options in FTB Monster

lpqrimetime

Jul 29, 2019
I know power armor, and i think thaumcraft has a flying option, but these are sort of mid-end game. Other than like the very lowest jetpack, is there no mod like Archimedes or any other mod that adds vehicles in im over looking?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know the mod list of monster
But both Ars magica 2 and Blood magic add forms of flight

Ars magica 2 there's a boss drop that is sort of mid-game boss that gives flight
There are also late game spells that give flight as well.

Blood magic adds flight in a very different form, you need to combine the Air sigil with a sigil of the phantom bridge and some sort of fall negation.

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I believe Monster also has Advanced Genetics (about 90% sure that's the name of it) which can allow you to fly with a tiny bit of work. And of course, Blood Magic's Air Sigil, as Adonis said, which is an absolute ton of fun.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way to get very fast flight to travel is combining the open blocks hang glider with the IC2 electric jet pack or similar flight item. As the hang glider allows for really fast horizontal flight as your slowly descending and the jet pack allows for you to resist this and maintain altitude.

Now from my knowledge so far with the pack it adds a number of flight options.
IC2 jet packs
Blood magic air sigil
Thaumcraft's harness (creative flight but runs on certain aspects as fuel)
Advanced genetics Bat DNA injection (creative flight until you die)
Mariculture Superman jewelry enchant (creative flight but slowly damages the jewelry I thing)
Modular Power suits
Open blocks hang glider (slowly descend)

I think Thuamic tinkerers also adds a end game flight option as well and there maybe a few that I missed.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Looking at the list of mods on the wiki, nothing stands out that hasn't already been mentioned. Thaumcraft's sword of the zephyr can lift you into the air, providing limited flight, & thaumic tinkerer adds a wand focus (Uplift?) that will pull you in the direction you are pointing. The sword can be found as dungeon loot, but both of these & the harness require infusion crafting to make them yourself.

From what I've seen on youtube, Advanced genetics looks cheap enough to start early, but the process is complicated & involved. IC2 level complicated & involved. But you can also give yourself all kinds of other mob abilities.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Rotary craft has a cheapish jetpack, but the IC2 one is better for horizontal flight.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
As most of the legitimate options have been mentioned (although I should point out the Quantum suit now features a jetpack), I will stick to the hilarious ones.

Aerial Faith plates
Slime Bounce Pads
TNT
Autonomous activator holding something with significant amounts of knockback applied.

Then again these aren't really "controlled" flight, but they will send you flying. The bounce pads in particular seem to offer propulsion in correlation with the velocity or height one hits them with amusing results. "Hey this is fun, whoa this is high, ahhhhh *splat*"

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Oh, yeah, and don't forget Railcraft Launch Tracks. I really want to build a rail way consisting of being shot through the air by launch tracks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I must admit, adding Gravisuite is a must for me for my Advanced Nano Chest and Gravichest. Plus the other amazing upgrades to the tools(TiCo Hammer/Excavator mode for Diamond drill etc).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Remind me, does Monster have Ars Magicka 2 in it? If so, there is a flight spell effect, but it's a red skill (and need a wither star to work this effect into a spell), and Thaumic Tinkerer has a couple choices, wand cap of uprising, M.A.G.E. Leggings, Ichorcloth Robes Of The Stratosphere, etc etc.

Also Blood Magic has a Ritual that allows you to fly if you don't go to far from it horizontally.

Reactions: Padfoote

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Remind me, does Monster have Ars Magicka 2 in it? If so, there is a flight spell effect, but it's a red skill (and need a wither star to work this effect into a spell), and Thaumic Tinkerer has a couple choices, wand cap of uprising, M.A.G.E. Leggings, Ichorcloth Robes Of The Stratosphere, etc etc.

Also Blood Magic has a Ritual that allows you to fly if you don't go to far from it horizontally.
Thaumosatic harness, TT stuff you mentioned, IC2 jetpack, arcane levitators (kind of) etc.