What about ignoring 1.4.6?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
Why update?. 1.4.6 adds no must-have content to Vanilla, and while it sounds like the transition to .6 will be very quick and smooth, there are a number of other mods, for instance a few that our server was planning to run, that are currently for 1.4.5 that may not get another update until 1.5, killing the ability to use them for multiplayer servers.

With no compelling content giving reason to update, the extra work/time/updating, and another big update in a months time, why not ignore the transition to 1.4.6, and continue finishing the Ultimate Pack for 1.4.5?

please don't flame me

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Why update?. 1.4.6 adds no must-have content to Vanilla, and while it sounds like the transition to .6 will be very quick and smooth, there are a number of other mods, for instance a few that our server was planning to run, that are currently for 1.4.5 that may not get another update until 1.5, killing the ability to use them for multiplayer servers.

With no compelling content giving reason to update, the extra work/time/updating, and another big update in a months time, why not ignore the transition to 1.4.6, and continue finishing the Ultimate Pack for 1.4.5?

please don't flame me
I agree

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
On the other hand, there are some mods (*cough Redpower *cough) that may not be released for 1.4.5.

The modpack team builds the pack with what they have available.

StarLiner

Jul 29, 2019
On the other hand, there are some mods (*cough Redpower *cough) that may not be released for 1.4.5.

The modpack team builds the pack with what they have available.

What about asking Elorram not to update to 1.4.6? Or, finish the port to 1.4.5 first?

Even with just the plain old Ultimate pack, I'd rather be playing on 1.4.5, as it adds no content worth the effort and breaks compatibility with other mods one might want to install.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Blunt answer: Anybody with a forge mod already locked-tight for 1.4.5 that doesn't have a 1.4.6 version within a week is being flat-out lazy about it.

MCP's up to date. Forge is up to date. 95% (if not more) of use cases are a simple recompilation against those, with maybe changing a few identifying bits in their code if that.

And the rest? Not really FTB's problem. Also, they don't tell Eloraam what to do, she develops how she wants and that's how we get it.