Werewolf - The Purification - Signup Thread

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This is a werewolf game, a bit of a throwback to (somewhat) simpler mechanics, but with a twist: the good guys are the bad guys. Suck on that, villagers.

It is 2045, the world is finally at peace. Daily lynchings are a thing of the past. Jesters no longer roam the streets drawing attacks and murdering innocents. Seers no longer spy into our personal lives and everyone gets a free cat on Thursdays to maul and eat.

...Wait, did I mention that once upon a time humans freely roamed this world, and they didn't even eat cats? Goodness.

Let's back up a tad and recall the history, kids.

Some decades ago, as you all know, the noble prophet ljfa led our oppressed brothers and sisters to freedom. What was originally a dark time of boredom, kittens and democracy was suddenly transformed into an enlightened era of true possibility. Mail delivery persons were eradicated almost overnight. Fire hydrants were finally declared urinals across the continent. Our people glorified in their hard-won freedom.

Sadly, some diseases seem to persist no matter how you treat them. Today we call this disease the Human Insurrection.

A recent rash of humanity has become evident in our cities. In one particular town, Salem, an actual nest of the horrid creature manages to persist. In fact we suspect some 20% of our noble brothers and sisters to have been murdered by night and replaced by fur-less curs wearing our hides as disguises. It is blasphemy of the lowest order.

It cannot be tolerated. We earned our liberties by tooth and claw, sweat and blood! The humans must be destroyed. We must revive the tools and tactics of our forefathers and root them out once and for all.

We must initiate the purification.

See http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/werewolf-organisation.46259/ for basic rules and how a game runs if you're not aware.

Rules:
  • Lynch vote counts will always be summarized. ("Pyure received 14 votes and was lynched.")
  • You may vote for Nobody on Day 1; he'll commit suicide at the end of the day regardless.
  • On day one, if someone besides "Nobody" is lynched, there will be no wolf kill.
  • Where "rank" matters, roles in the spreadsheet are sorted in descending rank
  • No dead talking, especially if its important. I'm lenient. You can read this to mean "Pyure won't care if I dead-talk a tiny bit with ooooooOOOooos appropriately but will get pissed off if I take unnecessary advantage."
  • If an unforeseen mechanical quibble presents itself and I'm not convinced that the rules implicitly or explicitly provide an answer, I reserve the right to flip a coin and decide how it goes. Other than that, there's no RNG.
  • I'm copied on ALL CONVERSATIONS, including IRC etc. If you want to stay on my good side you'll also keep all convos to the forum, since I prefer to monitor this stuff real-time. If I have to read IRC at the end of the day, summaries may be delayed.
  • You must vote every day. I don't care what your reasons are for voting for someone, but I will smite you into oblivion if you don't vote.
  • In the event that every single player has a single vote (perfect round of anti-smites), I will smite, let's see, the lowest ranked villager. You guys decide how to prevent that.
  • I encourage you to shoot the shit with me in your role convo
  • I don't care what you quote, you're all a bunch of hacking liars anyway, but no screenshots
  • Standard fluff I may have omitted.
Roles:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oyEazg0vwpbKcy4E_UogCHgxXqnJlpEkcOyHp3TxtUQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Game Thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/werewolf-the-purification-game-thread.59101/

Courtesy "Role" call (apologies if I missed anyone I shouldn't; copied and pasted from last couple games)
@chbachman
@Eruantien
@Gideonseymour
@HeilMewTwo
@RJS
@Shazam08
@SoraZodia
@SpwnX
@Strikingwolf
@the_j485
@VikeStep
@xTordX
@016Nojr
@coolsquid321
@II_The_Codes
@LivingAngryCheese
@ljfa
@trajing
@Jus2beast
@goreae
@Qazplm601
@CarbonBasedGhost

Players:
  1. VikeStep
  2. chbachman
  3. Strikingwolf
  4. GideonSeymour
  5. Shazam
  6. HeilMewTwo
  7. RJS
  8. Eruantien
  9. SpwnX
  10. SoraZodia
  11. ljfa
  12. FireFistRay

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Anyone else I should be paging here? I'm pleased folks are signing up as quickly as they are, just don't want to miss anyone who'll give me a hard time about it later.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Dunno why but this reminds me: I don't wanna start a game on new years eve. That was a dumb idea. I'll try to start it tomorrow night at 5PM EST. Don't be totally alarmed if I wait another 24 hours after that because I'm hungover.

According to Google:

1. 5:00 PM, Eastern Time (ET) is
    10:00 PM, Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)

I'm guessing google knows what its talking about.

We already have enough players to get the shizzle started but please feel free to put the word out and get a few more suckers players.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly I never friggin know what time it is in UTC.

Besides, EST is real time. All other times are fake and weird.
I know that I'm in UTC+1. I don't want to have to look up and memorize the differences to all the other time zones in the world :)