Werewolf, the cursed cards (sign up)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by ICountFrom0, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

You thought you where meeting up for a game of cards with the other folks on the forum. You thought it would be a fun little event and you'd just be hanging out for a while. You signed up for that, but you didn't know what was coming.

Werewolf the cursed cards.

Sign up now. Lets see if I can get 10 players, I can expand it if more show up. Might be able to rewrite it for less.

0. triggerfinger12
    1. Staxed
    2. LordPINE
    3. Pyure
    4. GamerwithnoGame

I'll go get my rules block and copy paste it in from one of my older posts, but lets just say, for now, that this will serve as a reminder that I am hard nose against meta game discussion through back channels. Talk about what card you where given, if you like, but lets not go with "yes, but the 19th letter in his text was a "e" wasn't it?".

1. Nightfall. Midnight EST. If you have a power, it has to be sent by then. I'll have results up as soon after midnight as I can.
    2. Powers. Do send a list. A list of 3 candidates for your power to be used on should be sufficient.
    3. Votes. Bold them. You don't need to nominate, you don't need to second, and even if you are accused you can vote. The person with the most valid votes at midnight gets lynched. Ties, I'll use a RNG.
    4. Abstaining. You may not abstain from voting. You may vote for none. None my only be lynched once per game. If you have not voted, you are killed by fiat of GM. If your team has a substitute lined up, I might give them your role.
    5. On death you will have your role displayed.
    6. You may converse with anybody you want, but I'd prefer if you kept it on this site, as a "conversation" with myself included. You may not quote a conversation (PM), nither ones with other players, nor ones from the GM. This includes your character card from me.
    7. If you are not alive, and playing, don't post.
    8. Try not to edit your posts. I'd rather you double post.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    GamerwithnoGame likes this.
  2. GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame Forum Addict

This sounds awesome, but being still pretty new to WW and having never done the card version, are there any online resources I can have a quick look at to bring myself up to speed?

3. Pyure

Pyure Not Totally Useless

How does this differ from our traditional WW games?

4. triggerfinger12

triggerfinger12 Well-Known Member

I'm in.
    I think that'll be evaluated when he posts the rules...

5. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

You'll get to see how it's different when I've given you your rolls and set the scene. I'll give this hint, remember that I said I made a distinction between you, your character, your roll, and your POWER? I was thinking of this game even back then.

Somebody wanted a nice little resource... I can't find the huge and complex wiki with lists and lists of strange abilities

lets find a bit more of them...

http://werewolf-the-game.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Roles

Nha, incomplete...

https://www.playwerewolf.co/rules/roles/

hrm... nha, that one is for an in person version, but still, has the basics.

https://werewolf.chat/Roles

oooh, much better...

https://forums.multiplay.com/werewolves/62110-werewolf-roles

more roles, but still for in person play.

https://www.fgbradleys.com/rules/rules2/OneNightUltimateWerewolf-rules.pdf

PDF format, and I'm going to use something from this too, *cackles quietly*

6. Staxed

Staxed New Member

It's been a LONG time...

I'm in :)

7. GamerwithnoGame

Wow, that actually looks really complicated... mm maybe I'll just watch this time round.

8. Pyure

I actually wanna just know how its different from our usual WW format in terms of structure before I join. It *is* different right? I get that the roles and stuff are gonna be different, but aren't you doing a different actual game itself?

9. LordPINE

LordPINE Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I'll watch your game this time, and if I can understand what's going on, I'll join the next one. It does sound like a lot of fun.

10. Staxed

Staxed New Member

all you chickens saying you'll join the next one, just jump in and learn while you play :p

ICountFrom0 and Pyure like this.
  11. Pyure

This is my thought too. And for the record, I'm not hesitating due to fear, I'm hesitating because I like forum WW and I'm still not sure if this is forum WW or just "some other forum game that resembles WW" :p

12. LordPINE

LordPINE Well-Known Member

Y'know what? I'm in. I prefer not to be called a chicken, and learning while I play sounds fine to me.

13. triggerfinger12

triggerfinger12 Well-Known Member

Excuses, Excuses.

14. Pyure

kill trigger

15. GamerwithnoGame

That sounds like what someone would use to
    Activate you if you were secretly programmed as an assassin.

Pyure likes this.
  16. ICountFrom0

ICountFrom0 Forum Addict

Seriously, this very much is werewolf. It's got the wolves, it's got rolls that you are used to, I'm just taking an element that... well, you'd normally find easier to do in an in person game.

Edited because I gave too much of a hint, and I want at least one of you to be surprized when it happens.

Honestly, it's going to make more work for me, but I think it's worth it.

Nha, not really, the trouble is mostly on my hands. Those are all just possible places to look for things that might have been my inspiration. Notice that it comes down, mostly, to the same 4 things over and over. Detection. Protection. Obfuscation. Destruction. Just done in different ways.

Likely not going to be a "next one". There'd not been one here for a while, and it could be another few years before I get the itch again. (and thanks for joining on second thought)

Hrm, might not even be a "this one" 3 in, 2 maybe's...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  17. Pyure

Shrug, it annoys me to no end to not know what I'm joining but I'll call myself In just to ensure you have an honest chance to run your game.

18. GamerwithnoGame

Go on then, I can't promise I'll be any good, but I'll call myself in, too.