Well of Suffering not working

DaBlazeHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have a well of suffering 2 air blocks above my alter when ever i click on it with my greater activation cystal nothing happends my auto spawned villeragers don't die the ritual dosen't activate and none of my 10k Lp in my blood net work is drawn it is a tier 4 alter. Before you ask i have it set up right i am using to ritual tool and have more then enough ritual stones and the disgn looks right when compared to the bloodmagic wiki

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Erm, yeah I think it can actually. Good point, thanks for bringing it up.
I would think it should. It be a waste on just, what, 4 rituals.

Also, to the OP, are the dusk stones placed? The Diviner needs an upgrade to place them. It's the only thing i can think of that would keep the ritual from working other than a lack of LP. Though, if it were a lack of LP, then it shouldn't just take 10k lp.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Also, to the OP, are the dusk stones placed? The Diviner needs an upgrade to place them. It's the only thing i can think of that would keep the ritual from working other than a lack of LP. Though, if it were a lack of LP, then it shouldn't just take 10k lp.

This too. If the diviner is not upgraded, it won't work. The ritual is also one of the most expensive, costing 50k to activate.

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This too. If the diviner is not upgraded, it won't work. The ritual is also one of the most expensive, costing 50k to activate.
Right now, I have no idea what you're saying.
As soon as my 1.7 modpack is done, I'm reading every bit of your guide!

Reactions: Padfoote

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019

Just to verify, it does work. I recently made a separate sacrifice/dislocation altar and activated the well of suffering with it.

@Padfoote , you might want to add to your guide that the Well of Suffering acts on a 31x31 square, couldn't find that information anywhere and had to use a villager victim vounteer to map it out :)

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Padfoote , you might want to add to your guide that the Well of Suffering acts on a 31x31 square, couldn't find that information anywhere and had to use a villager victim vounteer to map it out :)

I forgot to test the range of the ritual. Will be added to the wiki version. Thanks!

Edit: And done.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
@Padfoote ; you also might want to add that the ritual (master ritual stone?) for the well of suffering has to be within a certain range of a blood altar, remember? 6 blocks, IIRC. And while I've got you here, maybe you could add in that the ritual diviner gives you how many ritual stones you need as individual values to be summed, and to ensure that one has enough stones while trying to divine a ritual? Erm... did that make sense...

Also, for the OP and others: it might be a good idea to build any rituals first in an open space, so as to make sure of the final size. The well of suffering has blocks that go above and below it...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
@Padfoote ; you also might want to add that the ritual (master ritual stone?) for the well of suffering has to be within a certain range of a blood altar, remember? 6 blocks, IIRC. And while I've got you here, maybe you could add in that the ritual diviner gives you how many ritual stones you need as individual values to be summed, and to ensure that one has enough stones while trying to divine a ritual? Erm... did that make sense...

Also, for the OP and others: it might be a good idea to build any rituals first in an open space, so as to make sure of the final size. The well of suffering has blocks that go above and below it...

Will do. If you have more suggestions drop by my thread or PM me; that'll help me keep everything centralized so I can find it easier.