Well I done goofed up

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
I kiiind of tried to update my graphics card on my computer and well, apparently that wasn't the smartest thing for me to do. I wanted more FPS when playing games and updating it made it worse. For example, vanilla minecraft alone can only run at 1-5 FPS and FTB only runs at 1-2 FPS at even the most minimal settings to run (tiny view distance, no clouds, fast, no bobbing, etc.), other games are kind of like this as well.. I have an Acer laptop if that explains anything and Windows 7 with an Intel HD graphics card. If anybody can help, thank you very much ouo

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
Some tips: get optfine! Change all the settings lower and lower to make it perfect. I used to get 2 fps on monster. Now I get around 30 :D
Clean up your PC. Get some game boosting programs and clean unearned programs up and delete never used programs. And, I updated my graphics card, intel, windows 7 :p but I did that for starmade... Didn't make it any worse. Just stopped errors and now I can't actually play it. Anyways. Hope that helps!

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! I may do everything other than Optifine (because of the issues it has with mods unless that was fixed.)

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
What mod pack is this again? Also I've installed it on a lot of mod packs. All the problems I get I just spend hours fixing :p

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Like, I know for one that it doesn't exactly agree with Tinkers Construct from what I remember, but that may have been fixed. also modded entities getting all messed up, but again, that happened to me back in 1.5 and I haven't really trusted Optifine since.

xXDark_FireXx

Jul 29, 2019
Like, I know for one that it doesn't exactly agree with Tinkers Construct from what I remember, but that may have been fixed. also modded entities getting all messed up, but again, that happened to me back in 1.5 and I haven't really trusted Optifine since.
What mod pack? :p

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I just wanted to clarify, you mean you updated your driver for your graphics card right, not actually updated (getting a new one) your graphics card itself?

If so, what card do you have, and what driver did you update it to. Updating to a newer version of a driver should not normally reduce FPS...this could be caused by a few of the driver settings going back to default after the update though.

More info would be helpful and we might be able to get you running things decently again ;)

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I updated the driver. My card is a Pentium and I updated the driver to the most up to date one on their website. Do you need anymore info that I can find? (Sorry that I'm not super tech-y with these sorts of things)

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Yeeeaaah so Optifine and TiC do not get along at all to the point where the mods purposely crash when put together so that's not an option. Woopsiedaisy.

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Alright so I fixed the problem by setting my computer back to like how it was about a month ago, runs smoother now, thanks for all the help though ^u^