Weird glitch?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
I loaded my world today, and had to pause it for a few hours. When I came back, I noticed a weird colored chunk in my minimap (in a lake) and my game was lagging. When I went over to investigate, I found hundreds and hundreds of squid... I went a good ways away from my base, and closed the world. I reloaded and was fine, or so I thought. I returned to my base to find my fps down to 1-5 again, and the same weird patch on my minimap. I went back to investigate, and now I find hundreds and hundreds of chickens...

Any idea on how to fix this??

2014-03-11_23.31.20.png 2014-03-11_23.39.57.png

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Found out that this was a corrupted chunk causing the issues. I ended up using mcedit to delete all the entities created, then deleted the offending chunk, but the bad chunk didn't regenerate, it just left a hole in the world. Went back and deleted the surrounding chunks as well, and it finally regenerated as it should. I've got a few trees that were pruned in the chunk clearing, but overall, not too bad.

Make frequent backups.