Website to find things alot easier, Read More,

Discussion in 'Web Feedback' started by deadman430, Nov 29, 2014.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

2. No

3. No idea what your on about

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. deadman430

deadman430 New Member

Hi, I was trying to find some modpacks today by looking through the 3rd Party list for some HQM modpacks when i came up with the idea to improve the search a bit, Where you can search for the mod, Find a Review a Detailed Tutorial on it, Links to where you can gain the modpack/mod (Would redirect to the original site where i found it) and show modpacks that have this mod part of it, I would probably add the feature to show Texture packs as well. I was thinking to do this with other games like garrys mod as well. But i thought i would start with the minecraft and see how it goes. I am not wanting to replace FTB Just to make something to find things easier. If i found something from FTB i would redirect it to that post on FTB. I am also deciding if i want to allow people to post there Youtube/Streams to the modpacks. If i could have some feedback on this idea it would be nice thanks.

Chaka and DeathOfTime like this.
  2. DeathOfTime

DeathOfTime New Member

Sounds really nice. Especially if you covered all things minecraft. Mods, textures, news, whatever. Would be nice if you added a system to each mod that lets others users rate and review it. Write ups and reviews of modpacks would be awesome too.

Tutorials though sounds like a lot of work. There are sites all over the place for finding information on a mod. Though written tutorials on a mods use are kind of sparse.

From what you posted I would definitely be bookmarking the site.

deadman430 likes this.
  3. Chaka

Chaka FTB Team Mod Developer Retired Staff

I was literally on the verge of starting to develop a site like this 5 min ago.

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

4. Strikingwolf

Strikingwolf New Member

@Vauthil could you move this to Web Feedback? I think that's where it belongs

5. deadman430

deadman430 New Member

Well I guess i should start working on it. Would be a nice hobby to have :)

Chaka and DeathOfTime like this.
  6. Chaka

Chaka FTB Team Mod Developer Retired Staff

If you need any help/admins/devs/global mods. Feel free to drop me a message. :)

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

7. Nerixel

Nerixel New Member

Isn't this what CurseForge is meant to be? :p

SatanicSanta likes this.
  8. deadman430

deadman430 New Member

Will do :) Cheers