Ways to move horizontally in air

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everybody!
I'm currently building a floating base in the air with the Direwolf lates modpack. I was wondering how to move from two different platforms in a simple way, the aerial faith plate looks the best solution however even if configured to the max power (5) in won't throw you far away (more than 16 blocks).. is there any other way to move horizontally?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Launching tracks and some minecarts could make a cool set-up, also you can put slipstream generators further down beneath and just look straight ahead to "float"

Reactions: Maxiride

kittle

Jul 29, 2019
try a few angel blocks from extra utils. you can place them in the air, and then walk on them.
they are cheap,so make a stack and get "almost" instant scaffolding

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
try a few angel blocks from extra utils. you can place them in the air, and then walk on them.

He wants to move from island to island not to create one ...

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion! =) But I would like something which doesn't physically connect the platforms.

Launching tracks and some minecarts could make a cool set-up, also you can put slipstream generators further down beneath and just look straight ahead to "float"
That's a really cool idea! Maybe the minecart will be a better solution, since I'm at Y 140, placing the slipstreams down on the surface might be a bit too far away xD

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Or this more cool way of moving :p
7W01H.jpg

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
They have infinite range as far as Im aware, or atleast higher than 256 blocks.
Just tried them in creative mode in singleplayer, they pushed me no more than Y115.. I've also tried to stack them one up another but the effect doesn't accumulate like the arcane levitators.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Ahahah, too many platforms to make ^^

I've misunderstood, that damn blocks can be interacted only when wearing the glasses D:
nonono there is magic crayon/pencil that is solid even without glasses. i gotta check that out. i know i was testing similar things last weekend...

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
nonono there is magic crayon/pencil that is solid even without glasses. i gotta check that out. i know i was testing similar things last weekend...
Yep, by sneak-right clicking you can change the pencil mode and set it as "Inverted Block" which is the opposite, you see them without glasses. But If they are visible it's less fancy.

The minecart might be the best solution and ester to make.

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
its called magic pencil and its yellow.yes you need glasses to see the block but they stay solid and invisible witout glasses.
7W1DV.jpg

that i was talking about.:cool:

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
its called magic pencil and its yellow.yes you need glasses to see the block but they stay solid and invisible witout glasses.
7W1DV.jpg

that i was talking about.:cool:
Awesome! With the powersuite on will be matter of seconds to run over it ;) Thanks man!

Reactions: Vasa

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I know its visible, but how about the Light bridge from Rotary craft? Looks cool imo.

Reactions: Padfoote