Ways to Get Iridium (w/ GT) - And Now Also Talk About A World With No End Portal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I am getting close to end game, but I have one thing keeping it going slow, iridium. I need another way or two to get iridium. I am playing on the Ultimate Pack with GT on hard mode. I have a Matter Fabricator being constantly fed scrap boxes, and I have an apiary with Platinum bees that I centrifuge into platinum dust, and indus. centrifuge the dust into nuggets. These make iridium/uum very slowly. Are there any other ways (besides mining ferrous and centrifuging that, and mining iridum) to get iridium?

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, I am getting close to end game, but I have one thing keeping it going slow, iridium. I need another way or two to get iridium. I am playing on the Ultimate Pack with GT on hard mode. I have a Matter Fabricator being constantly fed scrap boxes, and I have an apiary with Platinum bees that I centrifuge into platinum dust, and indus. centrifuge the dust into nuggets. These make iridium/uum very slowly. Are there any other ways (besides mining ferrous and centrifuging that, and mining iridum) to get iridium?

go to the end and hunt astroids for some

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
You can go to the end and find sheldonite ore which can yield a total of 5 iridium nuggets(after platinum is processed) when used in an industrial grinder with mercury. It's a bright yellow ore and it is commonly found near the asteroids. Good luck

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I would need to fight the Ender Dragon, and I'm not sure if other people on the server would like to as well. Is it possible to fight the Ender Dragon twice?
You can just fly away from the island and find some. To get back, you have two options: Either bring a linking book back home or use an enderchest in which you can dump all of your stuff in and kill yourself to respawn back in your home. The dragon won't bother you if you fly far enough away. This method is very popular for people in situations such as yours.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You can just fly away from the island and find some. To get back, you have two options: Either bring a linking book back home or use an enderchest in which you can dump all of your stuff in and kill yourself to respawn back in your home. The dragon won't bother you if you fly far enough away. This method is very popular for people in situations such as yours.

Alright. Unfortunately I didn't see this until I got kinda bored of FTB. I'll probably check it out later tonight.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
You can replace some of the basic alveary blocks with ones that allow you to insert frames. You don't want to use more then four frames at a time (with later versions, this can lead to the death of your bees), but that's enough to increase yield significantly.

Harros

Jul 29, 2019

Quick question what are you powering the Matter Fabricator with? I'm thinking of setting up the power system needed to run it but I don't know what type of generator I want use.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
All you need to know about Sheldonite:

I get a stack of sheldonite with a full adv. jetpack, which is ~5 stacks of nuggets / 35.5 ingots / (roughly) 9 plates. I would need ~5 trips to the End to get enough Iridium for a fusion reactor (I took 5 trips already: 1st for quantum armor 2nd for gravi chest 3~7 for FusRctr (ongoing) 8~9 for UHSP). It takes me around 45 mins per trip. I travel A distance of around 4000 blocks each time.

Try to save as much energy as possible. Quantum jump / sprint instead of flying when you can & use diamond pick / PotC. Once energy levels under 20% go back home (assuming you have portal gun, which you should).

Assuming the 4000 : 1 stack ratio, the end is worth around (30 mil x 30 mil is what I'm using as the world's total area) 225,000,000,000 (225 billion) stacks of sheldonite: 72 trillion nuggets: 8 trillion ingots: 2 trillion plates. Which is like what? around 40 billion fusion reactors? But of course, It would take you 2 RL years to mine all of that, assuming you no-life it.

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
All you need to know about Sheldonite:

I get a stack of sheldonite with a full adv. jetpack, which is ~5 stacks of nuggets / 35.5 ingots / (roughly) 9 plates. I would need ~5 trips to the End to get enough Iridium for a fusion reactor (I took 5 trips already: 1st for quantum armor 2nd for gravi chest 3~7 for FusRctr (ongoing) 8~9 for UHSP). It takes me around 45 mins per trip. I travel A distance of around 4000 blocks each time.

Try to save as much energy as possible. Quantum jump / sprint instead of flying when you can & use diamond pick / PotC. Once energy levels under 20% go back home (assuming you have portal gun, which you should).

Assuming the 4000 : 1 stack ratio, the end is worth around (30 mil x 30 mil is what I'm using as the world's total area) 225,000,000,000 (225 billion) stacks of sheldonite: 72 trillion nuggets: 8 trillion ingots: 2 trillion plates. Which is like what? around 40 billion fusion reactors? But of course, It would take you 2 RL years to mine all of that, assuming you no-life it.
By then, you'd need that amount of iridium plates to build a single anti-matter reactor.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
By then, you'd need that amount of iridium plates to build a single anti-matter reactor.
Except the energy needed to create the antimatter far exceeds the energy you'd get by combining it with normal matter. I'd stick to fusion personally.

Incidentally, I remember reading in a book I have about physics that if we took all the antimatter that has ever been made at CERN, and reacted it with normal matter, it'd produce enough energy to power a 60W light bulb for a few minutes. So really, unless you manage to find huge amounts of it floating around in space antimatter for power really isn't worth it.