Water hole

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Uh... ok

2013-03-10_11.34.06.png

All right a giant hole,,,

2013-03-10_11.34.22.png

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Odd... either a bugged out oil spawn.

Or if on a server it might be the left over of someones IC2 mining hole.

Either way still old the water looks MCEdit cheated in as it has not spread.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
3 times wrong:

I generated my world 3 times and in the same spot it generated

I don't have IC2

and if there is a block underneath it spreads like that.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It's from Buildcraft. I haven't quite figured out what exactly the point is, but I have heard talks that it is supposed to be an endless water source for a pump. As in, it goes all the way down to bedrock, and the final bottom-most sourceblock constantly refreshes itself. Place a pump over the hole, and it will be able to pump water forever with no worry about lag preventing sourceblocks from reforming in a pool or similar things.

That said, I only saw this being discussed. I have not tried it out.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
I believe its an infinite water pool in case you have the GT config that disables the 2x2 infinite spring.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
It's more because pumps in normal infinite water are unreliable water source for combustion engines, sometimes they will dry out for no apparent reason. I don't think that there is so big necessity for it, because with better autarchic gates and emerald pipes you can cool down combustion engines using dispensers without any troubles.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I wasn't comparing it to other mods, only to vanilla + BC. I must test if it is possible to pump and transfer full 1 bucket per tick. 4 golden pipe is only 0,32 B, but maybe with tanks/tesseracts it could be bumped up.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I wasn't comparing it to other mods, only to vanilla + BC. I must test if it is possible to pump and transfer full 1 bucket per tick. 4 golden pipe is only 0,32 B, but maybe with tanks/tesseracts it could be bumped up.

I was not comparing it to other mods either. I personaly like the idea of a signle mod having alternate paths and options within it.