Watch as a Moose takes on the Mechanical Titan

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Hey folks, I'm boondockArtist, or otherwise known as Moose (long story)! This will be just my picture log of my playthrough of a modified version of the MechanicalTitan third party pack, because 1.7.10 is fun and my last world on it just got currupt.

List of mods:
I added a good couple and removed an equal amount, so I figured a list would be nice:
-Baubles
-AOBD2
-AE2
-BiblioCraft and extra wood types
-BigReactors
-All of Binnie's mods
-Biomes O Plenty (I don't actually use this though)
-Blood Magic
-BloodUtils
-Botania
-Buildcraft
-Compact Solars
-ComputerCraft
-CraftHeraldry
-Dense Ores
-ElectricalAge (Still haven't messed with it yet but want to)
-ElectriCraft
-Enchiridion
-EnderIO
-Ender Storage
-EE3
-ExtraBiomesXL (I prefer this over BOP, sue me :p)
-ExtraTiC
-ExtraUtils
-Factorization
-fastcraft for performance purposes
-Gonna add Flaxbeard's Steam-Powered (not Giraffe) Mod after some bugs I've noticed are gone
-Forbidden Magic
-Forestry
-HAAAAAAATS and Stands for HAAAAAATS
-HydraulicCraft
-Tinker's Tweaks
-IndustrialCraft 2
-Inventory Tweaks
-Iron Chest
-JABBA
-Magical Crops
-Magic Bees
-Mariculture
-Mekanism
-Metallurgy
-MFFS
-MineFactoryReloaded
-Morph (wither=flight)
-Natura
-NEI and addons
-ObsidiPlates
-Open Blocks
-Opis
-HarvestCraft
-PneumaticCraft
-Project Red
-Railcraft
-RotaryCraft
-Sanguimancy
-Simply Jetpacks
-Steve's Carts, Workshop, and Factory Manager
-StopGap
-Sync
-Taaails
-Tinkers Construct + Steelworks
-Thaumcraft+Tinkerer+Energistics+Exploration
-Thermal Expansion
-Twilight Forest
-Waila
-Witchery

So without further ado, here I go!

Wj2U61c.png

Because all we need is a bad HABIT to be in a new world...

25R83nu.png

It seems I spawned in a desert. Gonna mark this because heck yeah oil. Not going to settle down here, no, that'd be insane.
Also yes I went with the bonus chest because I am a big ol loser.

It5kjeQ.png

Oo, meteor, MARK

f0mutvt.png

....I don't think I'll be going that way anytime soon

3DuGkNl.png

SO, after a few deaths and a quick trip into creative mode to get passed some weird whirlwinds that were picking me up and throwing me off into the air, I settled in this forest. Seriously though, what is causing the whirlwinds??

PcM9dIB.png

Started clearing an area nearby for my house, had to hide for the night.

b9Fp3Jf.png

Or not, that wasn't so fun. Aha how's that though, a village to pillage

3TEAdHy.png

Take that! My first pick before I even got flint :D
Thanks to Iguana's Tinker Tweaks, vanilla and modded tools got overridden and those of the special kind got crappy nerfs so this will have to do for now ono

u4tXmCc.png

Woo, smeltery parts

GsVs1ok.png

Sweet! May actually settle down here possibly, magical forests are awesome

4spmF7B.png

So, home maybe? Seems safe enough. While I roamed around I collected some mana beans and started to plant them. Last I seen them they were like cocoa beans and had all the aspects, all of this and the breeding stuff is gonna be new for me.

For now I'm gonna cut and make another post soon. Inbetween that time, I'll do some mining and some resource collecting, I'll catch anything that is interesting.

Now, here's the thing for you all: Self imposed challenges are always fun, right? The thing is, I'm crap at making challenges for myself. So, if you're interested, suggest some kind of rule or something to make this more interesting! Also about homes, which style of home should I aim for making? Victorian, Rustic, Natural--Art Deco ish styleor something else entirely? I usually suck at building but I will try for this play through.

Last edited:

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, alrighty then. When I get the computer I play minecraft on (this one is shit at playing minecraft, Bioshock Terraria and a few others run fine on it though, for a bizarre reason), I should have enough stuff for a second post thing. Just gonna edit this later to not double post or something along them lines.

JuFFuwO.png

.....Second night. Help.

FfHddHo.png

WELL THAT WAS FLIPPIN FUN

Some exploring later and here. Look what I foooound~
ljQRCMi.png

AkTZdyd.png

Found another village and now 2manybooks.jpg

34Fl1t2.png

So I heard this butthead was talking a lot of shit. Stupid bignose

iT2rIaB.png

Back to my base and did a small branch-off of my mining hole under the silverwood. Home uh...sweet? home I guess...For now. Still waiting on you all to suggest what kind of house I am gonna make

KdKVdmt.png

I made a book to hold a bunch of smaller books which holds more smaller books. Bye bye inventory problems (sorta)

bnTTkvE.png

Pre-mining trip analysis of ingots and shinies, for you folks

WKM3MyN.png

I don't think I showed you guys my farm yet. Here it is, in all of it's basic, non-automated glory (for now and I may move it in consideration to the house when it will exist). Going to get Golems, RotaryCraft Fans and Vacuum Hoppers when they are doable.

After that I decided to try my hand at collecting some of the Ars Magica Ores, namely Blue Topaz so I can begin everything. Also watch out, for some reason I believe that there is a incompatibility between ExtraUtils and AM2. Namely the stained stone being used as an example recipe for the fancy mana Etherium powered smelter (dear lord that change will bug me forever), it sorta crashed me when I tried to read the page on it (it booted me from the world only, for some odd reason, I got back on right after and things were fine).

UZU7nvJ.png

Obligatory DIAMONDS II picture. Fortune II pick already, thank you tool leveling system. Said pick was upgraded from Thaumium to Osmium head wise and given a bronze handle, not that that's visible

DL7T0ZE.png

Woohoo! Now AE2 isn't impossible to do now.

Currently I'm still mining and I still cannot find blue topaz. I found some Vintium dust, so that's a start, I guess. I'm gonna mine some more and stuff, post more later.

Last edited:

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry that this was late this time, turns out sharing a gaming laptop with a brother ain't the funnest thing to do.

Building and grinding
WsyYkJ4.png

With a metric ton of marble in my inventory, I soon set out on a quest to build an actual house that is not a hole in the ground.

c26NIqF.png

It took me a bit but soon I was done. quite a bit of greatwood and carpenter's stairs were used but I was done.

9VFGYA5.png

(misread the pic link and thought it said gay oh no yes :y)
After that project was done, I felt the need to build a structure that would help me hone the untapped magic potential within me.

Huk0cF3.png

Of course it will be upgraded to something better soon but this is the best I got so far.

4WkPily.png

Sacrifices, sacrifices, make me a spell!

qFqc6tf.png

Aw yeh, look at me becoming a WIZZURD!!1!

op24Ylv.png

My fingertips feel all tingly now, hehe

xG26FVX.png

MORE BOOKS TO HOLD THINGS

58zYmyp.png

"Now steady boy-o, you're genetic code is being re-written. But nothing feels better than a fist full of lightning"-Atlas, Bioshock

So now I set onto becoming stronger in the arcane arts
Bq8sjmj.png

MISSION ABORT MISSION ABORT

UgSBRkd.png

...actually, I sucked it up and showed these fools what miss Moose can do with plasmids spells. Now I'm wishing I had guns to complete the feel.

CObYi7v.png

After some grinding, I realized I was running low on vintium dust again. Also the other AM ores sound nice.

E2JnUk3.png

Managed to get some, and also along the way I was able to acquire a new form, which I am most certainly more comfortable in. -u-
Oh yeah and I updated, guess we'll be going to the moon one day, thanks to GalacticCraft :'D

Reactions: Salamileg9

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Chances are those whirlwinds are Thaumcraft Hungry Nodes. My personal suggestion is to go into creative and smash them. Some people have managed to successfully harness them, but I find them more trouble than they're worth.

Can't wait to see your house.

darkraven87

Jul 29, 2019
just thought i would say you mentioned guns you can get a flint lock pistol and rifle and blunderbuss from flaxbeard steam power mod

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
i cant believe you skipped progression from a village :p dam
Haha yeah, thank you thaumaturger's home for the thaumium loot :p
just thought i would say you mentioned guns you can get a flint lock pistol and rifle and blunderbuss from flaxbeard steam power mod
I remember about them, I just never got that far into the mod, the furnace heaters were crashing on me at one point :U
also there's AE2's matter cannon which would certainly give oreberries a newfound use.

Chances are those whirlwinds are Thaumcraft Hungry Nodes. My personal suggestion is to go into creative and smash them. Some people have managed to successfully harness them, but I find them more trouble than they're worth.

Can't wait to see your house.
Thanks for the info! I've since been going around that area specifically in chicken morph, so once I get goggles of revealing and all of that I'll smash them if I can. And my house got done in that last post of mine ouo

boondockArtist

Jul 29, 2019
So me, you, and the new update.

Update four: Of Blood, Gears, and more Magic
Soooo, after Mithion leaving the modding world with his mod half-baked in the oven, I've decided to quit messing with Ars Magica much. First of all, no self spells would work. More importantly, some bosses couldn't be spawned. I didn't remove the mod though. In the case that he makes his mod open source and somebody makes an update or two that fixes things, I'll start messing with the mod again, I'm sorry.

However! It ain't the only fancypants magicz out there, I've barely even scratched the surface.

socrXiq.png

First of all I don't recall ever encountering one of these biomes before in vanilla or survival before so woo??

VpxtEWH.png

Now I know this lil fella ain't too magical, but now I have a pet doggie! I'll call zer Reggie, such a nice dog of questionable genders. *petpet*

kQ3xTvI.png

After giving enough affection to my new pet, I decided I needed to look at the world through some new lenses, my old specs are pretty poor-quality at the moment, I mean, I couldn't even tell what grass was made of before now!

rr5mdfu.png

Scan all the things! All of them. So many irons on the fire yes I do have.

DMg53cI.png

Oh no it's one of those dreaded desks...I think I know what this means. Time to study. Woop-tee-doo. >.>

[HOURS LATER]

Oj1URbY.png

Oh hey neat.

dH3uCm4.png

OR NOT SO NEAT IT bURnS (seriously, my eyes). After hiding in a corner covered in dirt, I endured the researching as my sanity levels were starting to drop.

3uEoJPW.png

After enough time with headaches given to me by learning shit I really shouldn't, I decided to pursue a different path for now. A bloody path.

spd6SPF.png

My altar set-up was not too far from my base, it was walking distance. It started at this humble root right here.

FxaJjRo.png

Man this was slow to start. When you got a living body and you got to produce more blood for all that you previously lost, it can be a bummer. Thankfully it wasn't long until THIS.

sWMlR48.png

As soon as I hit my tier two altar, I grabbed myself a sacrificial knife and started constructing a mobspawner above.

Before I could have done that, I stumbled upon the magic of the more modern sort; rotary power. and maybe a bit of thermal power as well. Below was my set up. Under the chest was the igneous extruder giving me smooth stone. The infinite water came from a pump by a small cave-puddle powered by a DC electric engine, figured that'd be all I needed. After getting to a point where I needed bunches of obsidian, I made a rock melter and a obsidian factory, both powered by amped up AC electric engines using magic hourglasses (my new favorite timers from automagy, they look real neat too). Now I have obsidian for days.
AqFXFPm.png

GQTvKhJ.png

Then I decided I needed a bit more than some puny arcane spells and daggers that only gave small cuts. So I made this, and I'm sure y'all can guess what that means.

gmKwzu8.png

Yep.

8L79uWr.png

First night sportin' the blade and wham, blood shards everywhere.

Z62zeJx.png

ALWAYS SO INCONVENIENT CANT YOU TELL IM MAKING MY ALTAR BETTER STUPID SUNLIGHT

XV2YSe5.png

One rant later and some decor, tier four is now here to stay. Soon afterwards I built a well of suffering underneath the altar. I would have but a regen one as well, but the sheer number of monsters in one area would have been a lag fest, so I thought better of it, I had a gain of LP anyway.

GSogndv.png

zjvg6FU.png

Woo!

1gFHQy9.png

Before I would be able to begin Thaumcraft anymore, I'd need to start scanning nodes for the primal aspects so there's that.

So yeah that's it for now.