VoxelQuestion (Ultimate Pack)

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
So i look over all the "voxel" mods in the pack and i'm like, What...?

VoxelMap,
Voxelplayer
And Voxel-Everything-The-Hell-Else
Is quite obviously intended for creative servers!

And they provide unfair advantages,
And are shipped with the pack D:!

And i am curious who thought it would be smart to include a mod that lets you see people hundreds of blocks away

Voxelplayer seems unneeded, Unfair, And more
Voxelmap would be better replaced with rei's minimap (Especially considering he states in his thread that it's okay if he gets credit)
So boiling down the questions i want answered are:

Why did this strike ANYONE INVOLVED as a good idea
And,
Who was responsible for including these things?

Reactions: Pokefenn

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be better to have no mini-map? Or at least in the case of pvp servers no mini-map.

On a PvE server the voxel mini-map isn't so bad and it looks a bit more put together than rei's and you can view things layer by layer rather that just a view from the sky.

Adding both and choosing whats enabled could be a helpful option however, but yeah voxelplayer does feel unnecessary.

This was only used in the 1.4.7 ultimate pack I thought, along with the voxel pack.

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
There have been complaints about VoxelPlayer letting you see players from so far away in the past, I don't remember how that was addressed.

And, as to the minimap, there was some issue with memory leaks in one version or ... bladdie blah. I seem to remember Zan's Minimap was loads better.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Someone continued zan's for 1.6 I believe as well, so maybe we will see it in the future?

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who uses Reis minimap anymore?
It's great for everything, and entity detecting and cave view is disabled on multiplayer unless defined otherwise by the server.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
still makes pvp too easy, people don't even have to look for houses in the sky around level 240