Void Robes or Thaumium Fortress Armor?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
With straight Thaumcraft and Thaumcraft Add-ons*, which do you consider the best? Void Robes, Thaumium Fortress Armor, Void Armor, or something else? and why?

The Void Robes give a huge vis discount for crafting and staff/wand use. Fortress Armor grants a large amount of protection, but no vis discount. Void Armor has an innate repair ability. All can be infused with runic shielding.

The companion question to the above, is what equipment do you use? Sword, Pick, Staff, Wand? With some of the available upgrades for the wand foci, they can be quite powerful. With high warp content one has to be always wary of guardians and mind spiders.. Do you always stay prepared to battle these, or use a warp ward to prevent their occurrence?

I have gone the Sword or Zephyr/Pickaxe of the Core with a fully enchanted set of fortress armor and found it quite powerful. I never got far enough with a vis relay network to upgrade any of the wand foci though, so I'm not sure if it is a good trade off, or lacking a bit.

*Some examples are Thaumic Tinkerer, Forbidden Magic, Thaumic Exploration, etc.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
armor stands from Bibliocraft with a redstone signal applied, this way I can quickly swap between armor sets and use them at the right moment.
whenever I'm crafting, I'm using the vis discount armor, whenever I would go around the world exploring, I'd be wearing the protection armor, and if I'd be going into a situation where I know I'll get hit alot, I'd be wearing the repairing armor