Vineacraft: Hiatus (Not dead)

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, this is Pokefenn, and i am about to explain a up and coming mod, Vineacraft!​
Vineacraft is a tech mod being created by me (Pokefenn).​
Unlike most tech mods which focus on ingots, redstone etc, vineacraft will try to use a currently unused material in modded minecraft, VINES!​
Vineacraft unlike most tech mods, does not exactly use "energy" instead vineacraft uses a different way to run their machines, it uses vine sap which is a fluid!​
Now lets get into the tech tree:​
The goal of Vineacraft:
The goal of Vineacraft is simple, its to provide a high quality and unique modification to minecraft like no other mod has done before.​
Vineacraft does that in many ways, from using items that nobody else does to using github to allow the community to create and change content in the mod.​
Or:​
"A easy to understand mod that nobody has seen before.​
A mod overflowing with thrills and moving blocks that would excited anyone.​
A mod which will never fade even after 100 years"​
Thats not serious btw.​
Special present for the first person to know what that reference is ;D​
Guide:
Haha, patience is a vertue, expect this after the first alpha!​
Blocks:
Manual Squeezer:This the start of our trip in vineacraft, to use it put some vines in the gui then spam the space button, it will create vine sap from this with a VERY rare chance to create vine parts.​
Automatic Squeezer:This is the second tier of squeezers, unlike the manual squeezer it will require some type of power, i havent decide what on yet (dont want to use vine sap on a machine that creates vine sap) if you have a idea, tell me!​
Vinea Furnace:Just a basic furnace that runs off of vine sap, maybe it will give a bit more ingots or something (Again, give me idea's!)​
Vinea Infuser:The vinea infuser is a very important machine, it allows you to imbue the power of vines into other items or blocks including:​
Cobble > MossyCobble​
Stone Bricks > Mossy Stone Bricks​
Iron ingot (or gold, will decide later) > Vinium​
Vinea Harvester:Will run off vine sap and harvest either all vines in a line or in a 3x3 area without destroying the top block, it will also have a buffer inventory and output into a buildcraft pipe if it gets a redstone signal?​
Vinea Hatcher:Runs off of vine sap and turns your egg into a chicken through the bottom (will be configurable eventually)​
Vine sap flowing and still: Vine sap as a block, just like water.​
Items:
Vinium: Used to create vinea shears and vinea wrench's also later on it will be used to create tinkers construct stuff (will be a material on it and a liquid)​
Vinea Shears: More durable pair of shears, maybe will harvest all vines apart from the ones at the top, crafted with 2 vinium.​
Vinea Wrench: Just a basic wrench, will be used to remove some stuff and orientate stuff.​
Basic vinea machine block: Made with wood and vines, used for basic machines.​
Advanced vinea machine block: Made with mossy cobble and a iron block? Used to create advanced machines.​
Planned stuff:​
Some form of tanks, more than likely some strange multiblock.​
Modpack infomation:
While Vineacraft is not out yet, it will be using a open gpu licence for source code, beacause of this the mod is open for anyone to use in a modpack!​
When the mod is out, you dont even need to ask, I would like to get notified though ^^​
STBAA: Soon to be asked alot.
(Or maybe soon to be asked alot questions, idk)
Z0mfg why no download link: Not public yet.​
Will you have adfly:No.​
What will be your modpack conditions:Anyone can use it, even people i dont like.​
0mG add what i told you to: I add what i like.​
Will there be world gen: No, world gen can cause too many problems and i feel it isnt needed for me.​
Vineacraft?: Vinea = vine in latin and it sounds cool.​
When is the update/release, either 2 weeks after the last person asked or when the nether freezes over (in my single player world) (or in a last case sonario when its done).​
What version will Vineacraft be for: The first release will be for 1.6.x​
How did you learn java: Uuuh, im still learning and i self taught after the basics, which i read Java for dummies 5th edition (it was bad)​
Random notes:
I want a niche mod, i doubt there will be stuff like ore doubling, and if there is it will be VERY strange.​
Armour will be called armour not "armor", i am English and i spell it that way.​
I WILL be dev streaming!​
This mod will be made to be used with other mods, i will not add redundant content without reasoning.​
Your opinion on.... area:
Ingame written books for info? I loved that model that mdiyo and power crystals used.​
Donate:
Thats all you need, i will refuse anything else.​
Thanks to:
Pahimar: Lets mod and a great open source mod for help!​
Vswe:His lectures are great!​
PeggleFrank & SatanicSanta:Textures!​
Community: Thanks for your support!​
Credits
Pegglefrank: Most textures.​
SatanicSanta: VineaWrench and Infestation Vine.​
Want to help out?
If you have coding knowledge, you can ask me about it then send a request on github!​
Texturing? Sure, post the textures here!​
Ideas? Ask ahead!​
[/PLAIN]​
About me:
I'm Pokefenn, I'm 14 and I'm a obsessive gamer.​
I read lots of manga and watch anime, my favourite anime's/manga's are Hayate no gotoku, Code Geass and Love-hina​
I've been coding since i was 7 where i learned ruby for a rpg i was making (forgot it now)​
And I play other games as minecraft, such as League of legends and Civilization.​
And i live in the Uk ^^​
Update schedule:​
0.0.1:Alot of planned content​
VERY later in the future:​
Links:​
~~~~~Pokefenn​

Attachments

• vineacraft2.png
    vineacraft2.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 397

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you need pressure. When will it be ready ;)

I like the idea of using vines. What do you think of making it so you can use them to swing from tree to tree? or a ladder which extends downward.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you need pressure. When will it be ready ;)

I like the idea of using vines. What do you think of making it so you can use them to swing from tree to tree? or a ladder which extends downward.

I very much like both of those idea's.
And 2 weeks after the last person asked :D

Edit: do you think something like the batman hook thing that allows them to swing between buildings, but using vines would be cool?

Pericus

Jul 29, 2019
I very much like both of those idea's.
And 2 weeks after the last person asked :D

Edit: do you think something like the batman hook thing that allows them to swing between buildings, but using vines would be cool?

Yes I think that would be cool. But I thought that would be a lot of work.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway, there's this unwriten rule that you don't tell people about your unborn child before the first trimester. Mostly because there's a high chance of the pregnancy ending abruptly and without warning in that time. Too many people knowing adds way more unnecessary drama to the already bad situation.

It's same for mods, really, I'm glad that you're feeling inspired, but you really should have tried making something first :).

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Well the whole reason i did this was to force myself to do this, i really want to get this mod going, idea wise.
I usually go "ill do this eventually" and yet i never do.
Anyways, this is more of just a concept ^^[DOUBLEPOST=1370964618][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can you mod?

I can do some basic java, and as that picture shown, i managed to create the base class, and on another test thing i managed to add vannila recipes.
So basic modding ^^

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Small update:

I have re-done the way how i was making the mod, and created a proper mcmod.info file.
Anyway's, on a more important matter, what would be everyone's opinion if i did something pointless? Like a Vine + Iron = Vinium and then Vinium into tools?

Of course this would just be a "Pointless content to say "Hey, vineacraft exists" " and will be removed at a later point.

And im still wanting to get some great idea's for the mod :D

Attachments

• vineacraft2.png
    vineacraft2.png
    416.2 KB · Views: 101

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Small update:

I have re-done the way how i was making the mod, and created a proper mcmod.info file.
Anyway's, on a more important matter, what would be everyone's opinion if i did something pointless? Like a Vine + Iron = Vinium and then Vinium into tools?

Of course this would just be a "Pointless content to say "Hey, vineacraft exists" " and will be removed at a later point.

And im still wanting to get some great idea's for the mod :D

2 vines-viny ball
4 viny balls 1 Iron-Vinium

Also, a machine to make it more efficient!

Reactions: Pokefenn

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
2 vines-viny ball
4 viny balls 1 Iron-Vinium

Also, a machine to make it more efficient!

Well i plan on doing something like that, but i was thinking about maybe a tool?

Do you think some sort of machine would be more "intresting"?

Reactions: dgdas9

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I also have an Idea for power that nobody used until now...
BioPower!But not harvest wheat, gives you power, no.

My Idea is:You plant wheat.As the wheat grows, there will be a machine getting power FROM thewheat.When it is fully grown it will give you a bit more energy.

And you can do this with vines if you want![DOUBLEPOST=1372074875][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well i plan on doing something like that, but i was thinking about maybe a tool?

Do you think some sort of machine would be more "intresting"?

My Idea is:You plant wheat.As the wheat grows, there will be a machine getting power FROM thewheat.When it is fully grown you can it will give you a bit more energy.

and you can do this with vines if you want!

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

My Idea is:You plant wheat.As the wheat grows, there will be a machine getting power FROM thewheat.When it is fully grown it will give you a bit more energy.

And you can do this with vines if you want![DOUBLEPOST=1372074875][/DOUBLEPOST]

I have to say, i really really like that idea.
The thought of growing things and creating power from growing, then processing what you grew!

#thanksforthegreatideaihatehashtags

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say, i really really like that idea.
The thought of growing things and creating power from growing, then processing what you grew!

#thanksforthegreatideaihatehashtags

I'm actually colecting Ideas from my own mod(that I will make someday)...

I think it will be an IC2 addon inspired by real life with a strong forestry-like component...[DOUBLEPOST=1372075270][/DOUBLEPOST]But I have to say, Vines are VERY underused because they really don't have a use so...

Reactions: Pokefenn

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Small update: Added in the client and common proxy, no code in it yet, but it runs so far.
Iirc, when its fleshed out it means that the mod will run in multiplayer, but i dont know loads. :D

Edit:

Welp, common proxy and client proxy has been done, now it "should" run on servers, as the picture shows.