Very strange issue...

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
OK first off the other person that plays on my server is having ZERO issues.

I was playing on my server earlier today and everything was running fine.
I got off the server for dinner and then went back on the server afterwards

Now my frame rate is at like 4 to 8 fps and when I join the server it starts spitting out "server cannot keep up" errors.

While this is happening the other person playing has no lag at all.

any ideas ?

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Only thing I cant think of is the chunk you are in is corrupted? Or something went haywire with a set up causing massive lag. Something like a backed up sorting system spewing out some quarry goodies?
Can you ask someone else to try to come to where you are? I'm not sure if the other person is close to you or not, so I thought I would toss this in.
See if they have the same issue. If they do, start talking to the server admin/owner. If not... well.. you got me...

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Try killing all monsters and item entities, or use Opis to find out what's bringing the TPS down

nvrsbr

Jul 29, 2019
Only thing I cant think of is the chunk you are in is corrupted? Or something went haywire with a set up causing massive lag. Something like a backed up sorting system spewing out some quarry goodies?
Can you ask someone else to try to come to where you are? I'm not sure if the other person is close to you or not, so I thought I would toss this in.
See if they have the same issue. If they do, start talking to the server admin/owner. If not... well.. you got me...

its a fresh world nothing really built at the moment.

It is based around where I am building, if I walk away from my area the lag stops.

Last edited:

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
its a fresh world nothing really built at the moment.

It is based around where I am building, if I walk away from my area the lag stops.

Then yes it's probably a bad chunk, your just have to not build there I guess.