Open Server *VenusCraft* 1.6.4 | Horizons Modpack [BloodMagic] Grief Prevention | Mature Staff | Anti-grief

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Thronk

Jul 29, 2019
*VenusCraft*
Featuring Horizons Modpack 1.6.4

IP: VenusCraft.ca
Whitelist: Off

52jbiDG.png

IP: VenusCraft.ca

DothrakiGaming has been around for 2yrs running MC servers.
VenusCraft is our second server that we host professionally. Started back in Feb 2013, originally a MindCrack server, we decided to use the Horizons modpack.
VenusCraft world has been regenerated June 18th, 2014 for 1.6.4, brand new!

Hosted in Toronto, Canada, it's centralized for North America, no lag.

VenusCraft rules are very common among the Minecraft community:

No PvP
No Grief
No Advertising of other servers
No excessive vulgar language...

You get the idea, the focus is to build exciting projects and help each other along the way.

We have mature staff on duty.

Horizons mod list

VenusCraft Features:
  • BloodMagic enabled
  • Grief Prevention is available for anti-grief.
  • Various plugins installed including Random Teleporting, Essentials and permissions.
  • Map generated with Biomes O'Plenty with slightly larger biomes and landmass.
  • World Border at 10,000 blocks around spawn.
  • Staff on duty most of the time.

Download and Instructions

Feed The Beast
Download the launcher here and choose the Horizons modpack, edit mods, pick a minimap of your preference. (just one and nothing else).
Then go to IP: VenusCraft.ca

If whitelisting is on:
Whitelist application format:
In-Game name:
New to FTB? yes/no

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
In-Game name: ishishanuka
Where did you hear about us?: A friend told me about a server he might apply for, which is this server!
New to FTB? No! I have been playing FTB for a year now, and my favorite packs are Horizons, DW20 and Ultimate.

Xelarion

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't recommend this server.

Firstly, there is literally nobody there. Most of the time you play alone, without any other players. Once or twice there will be a 13 year old kiddo there, but thats the limit. The peak was 6 players, which fits into this server, more on this later

Secondly, they are very "mature". I guess mature is another word for underage playerbase, since you can't even use "bad" language in a playful and joking manner. After you do so, they will proceed to ban you. Even with logical reasoning, the owner of this server, "Thronk", won't acknowledge it and will keep the ban up.

A mix of deserted landscapes, overly emotional players and an abusive admin ruin the experience of this server.
If you love playing in a "mature" environment full of 13 year olds, this is your go-to server.

3/10

Last edited:

Fuzzmasterxp

Jul 29, 2019
I have been playing on this server for the past two months or so and I gotta say it has been a great experience so far. The members are friendly and helpful. The server is always up save for the rare hiccup, which is usually beyond the control of the admins. The mod pack itself is also a refreshing change compared to other packs for those who haven't played it. I can't really speak to the above posters experience, but as a 24 year old I have never felt like an old man or like I was back teaching fourth grade. I have never really equated swearing with being mature. The server does have a smaller player base, but there is usually a healthy crowd at peak times of the day. I appreciate that everyone knows you to extent and you don't get the constant word vomit of larger servers. All in all I am ecstatic from my time spent on the server and look forward to sticking around for some time to come.

ReeceMNewman

Jul 29, 2019
In-Game name: DJ_HoneyDew
Where did you hear about us?: i found ye by browsing the fourms
New to FTB? yes/no: nope :D