Casual Server Vendettacraft II | [Ult] | Grey-List | Apps Closed

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
== Vendettacraft II ==

servercity_external.jpg

[This is the only fully up-to-date screenshot in this post. We've been busy! It's mostly the way you see it in these shots however.]

Hi folks! Perhaps you feel like some modded Survival-style freebuilding? :)

This is a relatively new, recently opened former private server now being converted into a semi-public server. Our private players are very casual and we need to justify having the server at all. :p

However, this also means that our capacity to handle large numbers of players is untested and probably inadequate. We recently got an upgrade, so we are opening up the server to a maximum of three additional public players to join the active players on the server, including myself. This is likely to be the most the server can handle so further slots will probably only be opened as people go inactive.

For the same reason, although the server is a Grey-List server, the IP will remain private for the time being to avoid guest flooding. Successful applicants will be given the IP to the server via PM on this forum. Members of the server are welcome to hand out the IP freely to friends for the purposes of server tours or adding new potential members, but please be considerate of other users of the server when doing this. Users who abuse this privilege will have their access to the server revoked.

General server rules are the following:
1) Quarries of any kind are grounds for the server admins to grief you mercilessly as retribution for the landscape scarring, don't do it! The two exceptions to this are the Nether and the custom "Apiaria" age that doubles as a dedicated quarrying age. Automatic mining methods that do not scar the landscape are not banned by this rule.
2) Griefing will get you banned quickly - the server is meant to be collaborative and PvP is disabled.
3) The admins reserve the right to destroy any structure built by a player that is causing crippling server lag - this action is taken at our personal discretion and the decision is final; this rule should avoid us having to regularly do server restores!
4) Don't be an asshole!

Provided you meet these simple four criteria you'll do just fine. Note that you may find old quarry areas in other dimensions left behind by a certain overzealous admin who now regrets his mistake. :D

So what of the server itself? I'm glad you asked. The server has two primary goals: to learn the mods in FTB and to encourage people to collaborate to learn the mods faster. Players are encouraged to experiment knowing they have a significant safety net to fall back on. The server is, to the best of my knowledge, set to Easy difficulty.

The server was originally designed to encourage a traditionally nomadic group prone to spreading out to contribute to a central hub. To achieve this I had to make the hub particularly attractive to settle in. However, what I thought would take a week to arrive (FTB Ultimate) took several months and I had a lot of time to adjust and edit over and over. I got a little carried away and the result is in this forum thread. The latest version of that map is the one we now use on the server.

Most mods from Ultimate are included as-is in the default configs. Despite being the person behind the Easy Mode GregTech config, the server uses the standard GregTech settings, which I find more suitable for a multiplayer environment. This is subject to change but only if the majority of the server playerbase requests it, which as of this posting they have not. I have heavily compensated for this however as you will see later on. :)

The server is a multiverse with pre-existing themed Mystcraft ages. Rather than disable Mystcraft entirely I have disabled the ability to create new ages. The relevant items will fail to craft. The easy recipes for Modular Power Suits are also disabled to prevent everyone being too ridiculous too quickly. Even so, as you will see, you will still get a strong head-start on this server if you decide to join us. Players are still fully capable of making their own Mystcraft Linking Books and Portals and are encouraged to do so. :)

Solar and lava power have been crippled into uselessness on this server, to aid in the goal of actually learning the mods. As compensation, nuclear power is ten times as potent as the defaults, so you will need to adjust your reactor designs accordingly if you go this route.

The server has also been live for a few weeks and the hub has been subject to renovations in that time. The most notable change is that we have a new public autocrafting system built using a combination of Applied Energistics and RedPower 2.

The central server city is fitted with the following public services:

- A Fusion Reactor with a 4.8 billion EU storage capacity
- Backup Lightning Rod power generator feeding into the same storage banks
- Additional backup blutricity power grid
- Tesseract-based energy import/export from the fusion reactor system
- Public liquid distribution channels powered by tesseracts
- Factory complex containing a large assortment of productivity technologies from GregTech and ThermEx
- Autocrafting supercomputer capable of automatically processing quarry input without any backflow
- Thaumcraft research laboratory
- Forestry automatic farms for most crops
- Dimensional bridge portal linking the Overworld to all other parallel dimensions including Past and Future versions of the Overworld
- Complete beekeeping research and development annex

Existing members have generally elected to build their own systems at first before feeling comfortable enough to migrate to the hub and use its resources. You'll be glad they're there either way.

Here's a screenshot gallery:
factory_internal_autocrafter.jpg

The key feature of the factory is its powerful autocrafting computer. Its latest and most significant achievement is crafting Power Suits and AESUs.

factory_internal_entrances.jpg

If you prefer manual crafting the factory remains fully fitted for that role too.

factory_internal_fusion_reactor_frame.jpg

There's plenty of room to expand of course. The Fusion Reactor assembly takes up a lot of space however.

server_city_thaumcraft_lab.jpg

If high technology isn't your thing we also have the magical services covered.

server_city_farms.jpg

We also have a comprehensive farming system prepared for use. As you can see, it's already been very productive.

server_city_annex.jpg

If you want to get away from it all of course, there's always the Beekeeping Annex.

Naturally, players are strongly encouraged to build their primary base on or near the hub island and annex and are also asked to avoid making too many private productivity machines. Not only does this mean that everyone can contribute to and use a very substantial central pool of resources, it also means that there are far less lag-generating setups in the game world allowing us to support more players on a smaller server budget. :D

With all that out of the way, if you got this far you're probably wondering how to apply. This is all I want to know:

== APPLICATION QUESTIONS ==

What is your Minecraft username?

How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it. ;) )

How long have you been playing FTB?

What do you like to do when you play FTB?

Could you give us an example of a team project you've built in Minecraft before in the past? If not, why have you not participated in a team project before?

How much do you play Minecraft in a week? We'd like active players!

Do you play on other servers? Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft?

Applications from veteran modded Minecraft players and those completely new to the scene are equally welcome.

If you have any questions about the server not answered by this post, please post your questions in this thread. Particularly personal questions may be sent via PM but I reserve the right not to respond to private communication. PMs demanding the server IP will be ignored, please participate in the application process correctly. :)

x13thangelx

Jul 29, 2019
x13thangelx

How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it. ;) )

~2 months

Build self managing power grids.... This has recently started with nuclear

I am absolutely terrible at coming up with ideas for new things to do so I tend to get "stable" then restart and find a different way to do things.

Could you give us an example of a team project you've built in Minecraft before in the past? If not, why have you not participated in a team project before?

N/A. Only ever played on 1 server

varies based on what I am currently working on in game, 5-30+ hours

Do you play on other servers? Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft?
One that a friend hosts, just us two. Yes

Edit: friends server has been down for most of this week due to him playing other games (it is hosted on his personal computer). Part of why I am looking for somewhere else.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to point out that if you apply with the intent to invite friends down the road, it would probably be better to get your friends to apply here as individuals and note that you know each other in your applications. This reduces the risk of us forcing apart friend groups. :)

fiolot

Jul 29, 2019
fiolot
I'm 15
I've been playing it more often since the launcher got out and I've played FTB before that.
Trying new things out as of now in my sp world I'm making my first sortingsystem using golems. Also I try bee and tree breeding but I've never gotten the bees or trees I've wanted.
I haven't done a team project becuase I've only been playing on one server before.
Usually I play like 4 times a week. But next week I'm going to Rome so I won't play much that week.
I'm playing on a vanilla server but not so active becuase I tend to play ftb more often than vanilla.

nazguler115

Jul 29, 2019
nazguler115

for about 2 mounths

i like to do machinery, atomatic crafting, nuclear reactors etc.

i havnt got a team to work whit.

1-5 hours monday to friday(each day,mostly 3-5 hours) and 3-12 hours a day saturday and sunday.

yea, i would play on it the most time im playing.

ZeroCooly

Jul 29, 2019
pianomanr

I'm 14.
I have been playing ftb since the ftb modpack launcher came out (aka the challenge map) I was excited for the launcher and what was the last I played tekkit.

I like to build, survive, thrive, and show off my creations and build factories for the public.

With a player named SyOGENOCIDE (hopefully I can get him to join me on this server) on other ftb servers we have built factories for the public and a functional (non-moving) ship made with rp2 microblocks, we did build this in our own modpack that we no longer have the patience to make configs, and a server. :/

How much do you play Minecraft in a week?
We'd like active players! We will play almost every day, I am very active (same with SyOGENOCIDE), we play for most of the time that we are home.

Do you play on other servers?
Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft? I play on Flan-z modpack server but it has got dull due to lots of cheaters and cars being unbreakable.

XephirothUltra

Jul 29, 2019

What is your Minecraft username? XephirothUltra

How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it. ;) ) 15

How long have you been playing FTB? Around the end of November 2012, though I've been playing Tekkit since June 2012

What do you like to do when you play FTB? Make complex machines that allow me to automate everything possible and building.

Could you give us an example of a team project you've built in Minecraft before in the past? If not, why have you not participated in a team project before? I did an Olympics type build couple years back on a server, but the server owner just vanished one day so I have been unable to obtain the map. :(

How much do you play Minecraft in a week? We'd like active players! Daily, but if school gets busy, maybe 3-4 times a week.

Do you play on other servers? Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft? Sometimes, but not often. I've been searching for a fun server where I can build without fear of grief, also with a friendly and helpful community so most definitely.

darkuslord98

Jul 29, 2019
darkuslord98
How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it.)
Since the new verson for 1.4 was released
Build contraptions. Test out mods. Make Rube Golbergs
I think the biggest team project i am working on currently is an adventure map with my friend Ausjam (willthe21 on youtube). If you're wondering, currently 75% complete.
A LOT. A WHOLE FREAKING LOT.
Modded or vanilla/vaniilaplugins? If i get accepted this will most likely be my main FTB server.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019

What is your Minecraft username? plzent3r

How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it. ;) ) I am 14

How long have you been playing FTB? Since Beta Pack A

What do you like to do when you play FTB? Make things that the average FTB player might never think of, or just not make because it may be pointless. I've also always been very interested in setting up a community resource or powerplant, kind of like a shared thing. I like to work together with other people when I play, and I feel like this server could be perfect for that.

Could you give us an example of a team project you've built in Minecraft before in the past? If not, why have you not participated in a team project before? On an old Vanilla MC server I used to play on with a few of my friends, we built the Nether Hub for the server, complete with railways to everyone's base portal as well as a zombie pigman gold farm that got incredible amounts of gold. I'm not sure if this part really counts but we also killed the Ender Dragon as a team (4 of us in total)

How much do you play Minecraft in a week? We'd like active players! Too much XD

Do you play on other servers? Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft? I have played on other servers before, both vanilla as well as FTB, and I do like the vanilla servers quite well but with the FTB ones I find that if I join too late, everyone already has the best stuff and I feel like a caveman. I do think this could be very well solved by the fact that this server seems to be a lot about community, which I really like.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I have a personal creed regarding April 1: don't do anything significant on the Internet on that day. :D

Applications are still open, I will begin responding to applications and inviting new members on April 2. :)

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Chre903
CHristopher R. E. Just call me Chris ;)

How old are you?

Since Slowpoke tweeted FTB Beta V1.

Most time automating things, stuff you cannot do in Vanilla. Like the AE autocrafting things and not only for Ultra Hybrid Solarpanels. And of course the many new Building Blocks are great to build everything.
My Single player base is actually very old and i didn't had much stuff back that. So my plan is to rebuild it completely. (or maybe build a new Base on a Server? Who knows? :D)

Back in the days when i didn't had a MC acc and played on a Cracked Public Server, i had an Island for me and other people. This Island doesn't even existed before came there, we build it completely our self. My plan was it that i bring people on this Island and let them Build houses or something. After about 10 Buildings from other People and an Island 150x400 Blocks Big, i got to annoyed from all this Griefer kiddys and quieted the Server ...

Deleted my Screenshots from back then :(

To much xD
But i have to say, i am from Germany and i have Probatly different Times then you guys. I play mostly late in the day.

No other Server.

Btw, i am not good English hope writing readable. xD

cya
Chre

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
What is your Minecraft username? Pokefenn

How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it. ;) ) I'm 13 years old, but 1 month till 14 ^^.

How long have you been playing FTB?If you mean the current modpack, i had a beta of it.... so yeaaaah a long time ^^ if you mean the map and the modpack from that, about 9 months i think.

What do you like to do when you play FTB?Complicated processes, bees and trying new stuff out.

Could you give us an example of a team project you've built in Minecraft before in the past? If not, why have you not participated in a team project before?I cannot give a project, since i have not done any that are to be proud of, i have done smaller things like bee rooms with others and mffs water bases, i have no idea why i hav'nt done bigger ones, but i plan on doing really big projects in the near future, using golems for an entire fusion reactor setup ect.

How much do you play Minecraft in a week? We'd like active players! I play asmuch as i can! Usually a few hours every day :3

Do you play on other servers? Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft?I do play on another server, but i have been a little bit inactive lately, this could be the main way of playing minecraft, especially since i'm interested in playing on a ultimate server! And im guessing we're free to record/stream the server? ^^ might stream the server or do a lp :3

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty much all I ever do is Creative. However, if you need someone who can teach the mods to those who do not know (I have been playing with these mods for very, very, long), then that is what I am for.
My Minecraft Username is:
whizzball1
How Old are you:
I have never felt it necessary to release my age, neither shall I release it here for this purpose.
How long have you been playing FTB:
Since the release, however, I have been playing with the mods themselves for months before FTB existed.
What do you like to do when you play FTB:
I have been focusing on making a UU HV Solar Factory, also catching up on old mods like MFR.
Team Project:
For many months, I worked with Morvelaira on the Feed the City Collaborative City Server. However, I have resigned.
How much do you play MInecraft in a week:
I play it every minute I can.
Do I play on any servers:
I do play with Burn 447 on an FTB Insanity Server.
Would this server become the main way I play Minecraft:
Maybe, as teaching other players is a main goal of mine. I am, in fact, a teacher.
I do have a few notes, however. I am not a survival player. I am more of one who helps, a guide. On that note, I don't do mining. What I do is nudge people, move them in the way they should go, give them advice. If you (Velotican) plan on being the teacher, then I probably am not needed.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I will close applications in an hour after which I will begin sending approval PMs.

If you do not get an approval PM then you have not been granted Member access at this time.

Due to the way Forge Essentials works, player groups can't be changed unless that player is actually online, so all approved Members will initially connect as Guests until I correct your group. I recommend connecting to the server as soon as you see the approval PM so you can start playing as quickly as possible. :)

Reactions: Pokefenn

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The approval PMs have been sent.

Applications are now closed. Thanks for your interest! :D

If it turns out that our server can handle more players or successful applicants end up being inactive, applications will be re-opened. Thanks folks, I didn't get any applications I didn't like. :)

superman28

Jul 29, 2019
What is your Minecraft username? Supermanz28

How old are you? (We do not have an age restriction on the server but your age and relative maturity will contribute to whether we decide to accept your application or not, as will lying about it. ;) ) 24

How long have you been playing FTB? 8 months

What do you like to do when you play FTB? i love to build big bases with every machine in game

Could you give us an example of a team project you've built in Minecraft before in the past? If not, why have you not participated in a team project before?on most servers i normally built a public station for people to come charge armor or use machines that they havent yet gotten to, we built a public station with about 4 other people with over 100 ultimate hybrids and a power plant

How much do you play Minecraft in a week? We'd like active players! i play over 10 hours a day

Do you play on other servers? Would this server become the main way you play Minecraft?i do play on other sometimes depends on the server if there is no block lag and server down time is minimal then this would become my main server