Vanilla news vs. Modded minecraft news

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Recently posts regarding vanilla stuff have been singled out in the WNIMMCT thread. While I realize that it has "Modded Minecraft" in the title of the thread, I'm in the school of thought that it's much easier to get all of your what's new in one spot rather than...wherever.

My personal opinion is that these posts with new vanilla features should be allowed to be added to this thread, providing they follow all of the other rules (like no discussion, etc). The sole reason being that modded is vanilla. Vanilla changes are important to modded minecraft and minecrafters.

Thanks for reading.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Its kinda stupid to allow full access to a discussion thread then throw a ton of rules at it. If you dont want discussion and you want to heavy hand moderate the content, then close the thread and let mods do the posting.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've always allowed any news related to Minecraft to be posted in the topic.
this means vanilla minecraft, modded minecraft, minecraft maps, minecraft modpacks, minecraft mod developers etcetcetc

if something really crosses the line, there'll be people who'll inform that user about it

I know it's called "modded minecraft" but that's what the topic started out as, so it's a bit hard to change it later on.

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
I've always allowed any news related to Minecraft to be posted in the topic.
this means vanilla minecraft, modded minecraft, minecraft maps, minecraft modpacks, minecraft mod developers etcetcetc

if something really crosses the line, there'll be people who'll inform that user about it

I know it's called "modded minecraft" but that's what the topic started out as, so it's a bit hard to change it later on.
Let's get a bbcode for twitter tweets.
Add in JadedCat and ta-da! Modpack news without the hassle.