Using reactorcraft,Base power grid with Electricraft, TE, or mix?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Bit of background: Just started a new world with the 1.7 direwolf20 pack+Rotarycraft,Electricraft,Reactorcraft. I'm obviously early-game, but I'm expecting my mid-to-late game power to be from reactorcraft. Thing is, especially with the latest update adding energy losses for the to-rotatarycraft conversion engines and the cooling requirements, would I be better off
a) Using electricraft for my main power grid, and converting to RF where I need it
b) Having an electricraft grid for the stuff that needs RoC power, but convert the majority to RF and have my network be that
c) Convert it all to RF and just take the hit converting it back where I need it
or d) Convert it all to RF, have other Rotarycraft sources power the rotarycraft stuff.

Option b seems the most efficient, but I only have basic experience with rotarycraft, no real experience with electricraft or reactorcraft. Read some reactorcraft basic tutorials so I'm not going in completely blind, and I plan on finding something for electricraft once I'm a bit better situated in my current world.

Anyways, which makes the most sense to Rotarycraft/Electricraft/Reactorcraft vets?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Prepare your lube if you really want to go c) :p

Early game you'll probably wind up with d). Later on I'd use a) or b).

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I think the best / most satisfying challenge would be using torque/electricraft as the base power system, only converting to RF when necessary for compatibility.